Princess tours at Hawaii

ChrisB123

We will be going on the Star in October to Hawaii. I've already bought our tickets for the Pearl Harbor tour. My husband REALLY wants to visit the USS Missouri and take the self tour. I understand it rests at Ford Island in Pearl Harbor. My question is, is the Missouri close to the guided tour and will we be allowed to visit it too? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We will be going on the Star in October to Hawaii. I've already bought our tickets for the Pearl Harbor tour. My husband REALLY wants to visit the USS Missouri and take the self tour. I understand it rests at Ford Island in Pearl Harbor. My question is, is the Missouri close to the guided tour and will we be allowed to visit it too? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

In a straight line, it's not far, but you have to go around the edge of the harbor and across the bridge where both ships are located.

I'm not sure what tour you've booked, is it a Princess one? Is there only the one? When we did Hawaii (different cruise line) our tour included both the Arizona and the Missouri.

map.gif

The only way you can get to the Missouri is from the main facilities where you access the Arizona. So by going to the Arizona, you can get to the Missouri.

You might want to do some research on the Hawaii board, particularly as currently you can't get to the Arizona due to dock maintenance.

The last I heard (May) the Arizona Memorial itself was closed to all. There was some sort of support problem that presented a hazard. You can still ride the ferry out to it and then ride by the Missouri. As far as touring the battleship I got nothing.

Just a note. Have you already visited the USS Iowa docked in San Pedro? They are the same class of ship.

The last I heard (May) the Arizona Memorial itself was closed to all. There was some sort of support problem that presented a hazard. You can still ride the ferry out to it and then ride by the Missouri. As far as touring the battleship I got nothing.

I read that a contractor was hired to re-attach the pier to the sea floor, and they expected the work to be completed by the end of this month.