Drink package, drink prices

Seestor1

I know you can buy a drink package and are "limited" to 15 drinks a day and the package drinks have to be less than $12. I like the idea of really trying new cocktails... cosmopolitan, Manhattan, slippery nipple, bloody Mary, sex on the beach, old fashioned, negroni, white Russian and coffee nudge at bedtime...YUM. ARE THOSE DRINKS I LISTED LESS THAN $12 ??

Maybe I'm just not very sophisticated, but every drink I looked at on our April 1 cruise was under $12. We were told that fewer than 5% of the drinks offered are not in the package. Those that we drank tended to be in the $9-10 range.

I know you can buy a drink package and are "limited" to 15 drinks a day and the package drinks have to be less than $12. I like the idea of really trying new cocktails... cosmopolitan, Manhattan, slippery nipple, bloody Mary, sex on the beach, old fashioned, negroni, white Russian and coffee nudge at bedtime...YUM. ARE THOSE DRINKS I LISTED LESS THAN $12 ??

Yes. This thread has a spreadsheet with all the drink prices:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2546180

On most Princess ships there are only two hard liquor items that aren't included. Chivas Royal Salute at $12.50 and Remy Martin XO at $19.50. All other drinks are included.

The only caveat is that some ships such as Emerald Princess have the Whiskey Adventure. On Emerald it is in Wheelhouse. On other ships that have this it may be in a different bar. It wasn't in Wheelhouse on Caribbean Princess although the ship is listed as having the Whiskey Adventure. On ships with that feature there are a number of more expensive offerings that aren't included but it will be quite obvious which ones they are and the menu for that is on the Princess site.

On most Princess ships there are only two hard liquor items that aren't included. Chivas Royal Salute at $12.50 and Remy Martin XO at $19.50. All other drinks are included.

The only caveat is that some ships such as Emerald Princess have the Whiskey Adventure. On Emerald it is in Wheelhouse. On other ships that have this it may be in a different bar. It wasn't in Wheelhouse on Caribbean Princess although the ship is listed as having the Whiskey Adventure. On ships with that feature there are a number of more expensive offerings that aren't included but it will be quite obvious which ones they are and the menu for that is on the Princess site.

The Stoli Elit martini is now $12.50 so no longer included. :') :'):')

Maybe some wines in Vines were above the $12 per glass price, not sure...

I had the Silverado Cab that was at the $12 limit...until they "ran out" on our Regal cruise in March..:(

These are all around $9/$10. 95% of all drinks are menu priced $12 or lower.

The Stoli Elit martini is now $12.50 so no longer included. :') :'):')

ACK! Bummer. At least the Chairman of the Board is still included. That's the martini I drink onboard. Looks like I need to find an updated copy of the Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet. The one I looked at shows that drink at $10.50.

Some "special" drinks such as the 007 Manhattan will only work under the plan if you choose a "lesser" bourbon - you can have it with Jack Daniels but not Bulliet - this changed about a year ago. The 007 is a Manhattan or martini with 1 1/2 shots rather than 1. So either have the smaller Manhattan with "good" bourbon or settle for the Jack and the larger drink.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Haven’t cruised on Princess (or any other line) for the last three years. So my knowledge of the drink packages is out of date.

I realize there has been a price increase since my last cruise and what a price hike that was!

So my question is this.......what is the benefit of purchasing the drink package prior to the cruise as opposed to waiting until embarkation day and purchasing it then? Is there any benefit at all?

Thanks!

Maybe some wines in Vines were above the $12 per glass price, not sure...

I had the Silverado Cab that was at the $12 limit...until they "ran out" on our Regal cruise in March..:(

that's stuff is wrought gut any way.

Hi All,

Haven’t cruised on Princess (or any other line) for the last three years. So my knowledge of the drink packages is out of date.

I realize there has been a price increase since my last cruise and what a price hike that was!

So my question is this.......what is the benefit of purchasing the drink package prior to the cruise as opposed to waiting until embarkation day and purchasing it then? Is there any benefit at all?

Thanks!

good question. My wife has found drink package promotions on a limited time bases, initially saving hundreds of dollars over the time on board. The use of the sip & sail package promotions has saved us thousands over the years.

Hi All,

Thanks!

There is no benefit to purchasing the PBP in advance & if you have any OBC available you can use that when purchasing it on the ship.

A recent press release states that by this Fall all ships will add new cocktails, spirits, beers & wines. With these upgraded options there’s the possibility that some prices could increase to exceed the PBP’s $12 price limit.

Princess Cruises Unveils New Beverage Menus Featuring Globally Inspired Cocktails

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2362817

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does Princess ever offer via email a % off of a bev pkg prior to your cruise date? Other cruise lines do.

I’ve never received such an offer nor do I recall every reading about a discount being available.

The PBP is sometimes included in promotional offers such as the current Sip+Sail offer. That’s for passengers in balcony or higher types of cabins & whether that comes with a higher cruise fare can vary.

I’ve never received such an offer nor do I recall every reading about a discount being available.

The PBP is sometimes included in promotional offers such as the current Sip+Sail offer. That’s for passengers in balcony or higher types of cabins & whether that comes with a higher cruise fare can vary.

Thank you! We have a cruise booked for Jan 2019 and there are no S+S or discount pkg.

Thank you! We have a cruise booked for Jan 2019 and there are no S+S or discount pkg.

Prego...The current S+S is for Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises. For your cruise that was offered last summer which has been the recent procedure for the past several years by booking about 12-20 months in advance.

If there are there any cruises you’re considering during that period of time you could make a 10% deposit which is refundable to have S+S included.

Even though the PBP isn’t included in it, their current Sun Drenched Deals cover your date but don’t know if that would result in a lower net cost or not.

Prego...The current S+S is for Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises. For your cruise that was offered last summer which has been the recent procedure for the past several years by booking about 12-20 months in advance.

If there are there any cruises you’re considering during that period of time you could make a 10% deposit which is refundable to have S+S included.

Even though the PBP isn’t included in it, their current Sun Drenched Deals cover your date but don’t know if that would result in a lower net cost or not.

Thanks for the info. We booked this one in Jun 2018. It popped up and has very interesting ports even though we have been there before.

Thanks for the info. We booked this one in Jun 2018. It popped up and has very interesting ports even though we have been there before.

Have a great cruise & if you’re unaware of it there are wine packages on most 10 day or longer cruises. That has worked well for us & nice to get bottles up to $45 for as low as $28. :wine-glass::)

When buying the drink package, must it be bought for the whole cruise or is there limited packages? For example, I would have no need for it on days we are docked but would love it on sea days. We will be going to Hawaii and there are 9 sea days and 6 porting days.

When buying the drink package, must it be bought for the whole cruise or is there limited packages? For example, I would have no need for it on days we are docked but would love it on sea days. We will be going to Hawaii and there are 9 sea days and 6 porting days.

It must be purchased for the whole cruise.

it has to be bought for the whole cruise

Would be kind of cool to be able to order a more expensive drink and have it just count towards 2 of the 15 drinks in the AIBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums