Club Class Mini Suite on Star Alaska

HoneymoonCruiser5

I have and enjoyed my dining experience. Is it worth the cost can only be determined by you. Any particular reason for the Star Princess?

You could do a Window Suite on the Grand or Golden for about the same price and actually get all of the suite perks.

We did a window suite and got club class dining as part of that. It was the best dining situation we've had in many years on any cruise line. It was rather like what the standard was 15-20 years ago.

The menu is the same as the MDR menu with one or two additional items each night. THe service was outstanding.

I've seen club class priced at everything from zero to about $30 pp per day more than a standard mini, and read some higher prices than that. I honestly don't know what the "right" price is for it, but it did greatly enhance our trip.

We do WS on the grand when the budget or extra pax allows us. Suite perks for about a balcony price

I love CC. I love being able to go to dinner at any time and be seated immediately. We've even shown up several hours after dinner to grab a dessert and were accommodated. I can't always afford CC, but when I can, I will!

'

We were on the Star about one year ago and had a CC minisuite, we have done many cruises with Princess. We loved CC and would not hesitate to purchase it again. The CC staff is wonderful, accommodating, and will spoil you. One of the best things about CC dining, and is rarely mentioned, is that the tables are spaced further apart therefore giving you privacy and much less noise.

• 1 month later...

Regal Princess in May had many large groups who were loud, visiting while walking around the table, etc. We didn't know to sit in the club class section the first night and went crazy. After changing to club class dining we had NO ONE around us, and 2 servers were at our table constantly, supplying every need. Much less walking to your table at all meals in the MDR including breakfast & lunches. If you can afford a mini suite you really need to spend a tad more for the club class. You'll find the enjoyment factor of the trip to be much improved, and service will leave you overwhelmed.