Star Princess

mcrcruiser

We are sailing on Star Princess round trip Hawaii for 15 nights

what do you like about Star Princess & what is it that you don't like

We look forward to reading your replies :p

TIA

Enjoy the Star one of my favorite Princess ships. Have been on it 95 days. Enjoy the International Cafe, Explorer's Lounge, Wheelhouse Bar, Vista Lounge (a 2nd show lounge), the indoor pool, Skywalker's, Crown Grill, Vines, Terrace Pool, the 360 promenade, pizza and grill by the lido pool. Also love all the activities which should include an Hawaiian cultural program with uke lessons, hula, lei making and more. In the evenings I enjoy all the live music around the ship, especially Crooner's. The ship was built in 2002 so expect some age.

Enjoy the Star one of my favorite Princess ships. Have been on it 95 days. Enjoy the International Cafe, Explorer's Lounge, Wheelhouse Bar, Vista Lounge (a 2nd show lounge), the indoor pool, Skywalker's, Crown Grill, Vines, Terrace Pool, the 360 promenade, pizza and grill by the lido pool. Also love all the activities which should include an Hawaiian cultural program with uke lessons, hula, lei making and more. In the evenings I enjoy all the live music around the ship, especially Crooner's. The ship was built in 2002 so expect some age.

Thanks for your feed back .although a vessel is older if it was properly maintained & reconditioned in dry docks she should be on the top of her game . :p

Took the Star in Alaska. Really liked the naturalist, open bow and not crowded. Food is subjective and this was my first time on princess but there wasn't as much variety as royal Caribbean or the quality of celebrity. Really liked north to Alaska series.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We understand what Celebrity offers ;as we have over 40 cruises with Celebrity . The Eclipse is doing this Hawaii cruise from San Pedro ;however ,our cost balcony to balcony on Celebrity Eclipse was $1700 higher on Celebrity Eclipse . That killed thinking of Celebrity for Hawaii ;p

We enjoyed our time on Star! We may be doing the Hawaii trip this year. In Alaska, it never felt too crowded.

We booked her for Dec 4 .2019 Hawaii .;as we are doing the Mexican Riviera on HALs Eurodam Dec 9 ,2018 ,a 7 night cruise & then HALs Koningsdam for Southern Caribbean March 17 ,2019 ;which is a 10 night cruise

We did the LA to Hawaii and back in 2017 on the Star. The absolute best part of that cruise wad Captain Michele Tuvo. We have done about 15 cruises and he is the only Captain we remember by name. He turned up everywhere on board and was such fun...served coffee in IC, called Bingo, helped with crafts, sang in Pop Choir,etc. And his enthusiasm spread to his whole crew. Add to that Cruise Director Andrew Cadilac and it's a wonderful cruise. My understanding is that now, almost 2 years later, they are both still on the Star. ENJOY!

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

Star is my favorite ship! We did Hawaii over Christmas right after drydock. It was an amazing cruise and I will definitely do that one again. I just disembarked her today after a 2 week Alaska B2B. Another wonderful cruise - couldn't fault the service. The only downside for me this trip was that we had a room that must have got missed with the upgrades - worse beds we have ever slept in, no USB chargers on the lamps, cabinet/desk drawers broken....just generally felt old and falling apart (not the experience we had in December!)

My favorite things about Star are the indoor pool, International Cafe, and Skywalkers! I wish they had Alfredos on this ship, though!

We'll be on the Star with you. I can't wait to meet Capt Tuvo as I've heard so many wonderful things about him. Have you signed up for the roll call?

This thread was the first I'd heard about the Star being 500 less passengers. Woo Hoo! We've never experienced that before, I don't think so anyway. :D

We'll be on the Star with you. I can't wait to meet Capt Tuvo as I've heard so many wonderful things about him. Have you signed up for the roll call?

This thread was the first I'd heard about the Star being 500 less passengers. Woo Hoo! We've never experienced that before, I don't think so anyway. :D

Is he due to rejoin Star? He wasn't on there the past 2 weeks....which made me sad! He is terrific!

The Star was our first cruise (Western Caribbean) so, it was the Star that made us Princess fans for life. We miss her not sailing the East coast any more. We loved the Wheelhouse bar, there was a nice private table in the corner that looked out onto the Promenade deck. We would go there every day for a couple of cocktails before dinner. We have never found such a quiet private space on any other cruise ship. Enjoy the Star! We had a mini suite.

Our cruise date to Hawaii is Dec 4 ,2019 & I started the Roll Call . If you are on this cruise date then come on over & post .We need all the fans we can get there :p

Cliff

I believe the staterooms got new mattresses, but that was it. Carpet, draperies, furniture, bathrooms....all seem to be from the late 80s or early 90s. Think peach colors and seafoam greens.

Well I get the picture having cruised aboard the older ships that NCL owns, the Sun, Pearl, Jade, Sky etc, so I guess I can adapt to my surroundings;)

I'm curious on how you mean "dated"? The ship came out of dry dock in December. I assumed that the staterooms received some attention.;)

Other than the mattress staterooms usually do not see any attention during the DD. They can replace carpet on the fly when needed but that is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing on Star Princess round trip Hawaii for 15 nights

what do you like about Star Princess & what is it that you don't like

We look forward to reading your replies :p

TIA

Tiki Dave and his wife. They provided great entertainment. Also mini suite e721. All shows were well done and worth the time to watch.