EZAIR information

trbarton

EZair....I was considering playing just my EZair portion to have confirmed seats for my flight in March of next year to Australia . In discussion with my T/A they explained that with “Flexible “ fare you don’t make any payments just for air until you make your final payment. If you use “Restricted” fare you pay at the same time you make your air reservations. It was pointed out that when one makes final payment you can ask to have your air tickets requested right away.

Tom😎

Correct. I think technically you could probably pay for air when you want but I did it at final payment when I was sure of the trip. Once you pay for flexible air, it becomes restricted.

I had a great experience with EZ Air.

Your TA's explanation was not complete...

With Flexible Air you may pay for your flights anytime after you book. We've done it twice for the purpose of seat selection on international flights.

In the past we have had to submit a signed request, but I understand that is not longer required.

I just booked EZair using flexible option. I picked Delta flights. I logged into Delta website ten minutes later and flight was already listed with my seats highlighted. Since I am Platnium Medallion with Delta, I can move seat assignments anytime I like. Very easy process for me. Hope you have good luck too.

Yes... but unless you pay and ask for flights to be ticketed even though you can see your flights AND change your seats ... they still are not yet ticketed unless it is after the 45 days before cruise( usually closer to 30 when Princess tickets them) or you pay AND ask to have them ticketed then. Just paying won’t get your tickets issued ahead of time. You must ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct. I think technically you could probably pay for air when you want but I did it at final payment when I was sure of the trip. Once you pay for flexible air, it becomes restricted.

I made final payment the other day for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. I asked that we be ticketed since we're paid in full. On the deal we got, it was free air fare and free gratuities. Our travel agent advised against being ticketed now because if we want to change flight time, etc., we would be penalized. So, we're holding off. However, our Australian flight in January, we already have our seats picked out. EZAir is a good deal -- so far. Haven't had any problems yet.

I just booked EZair using flexible option. I picked Delta flights. I logged into Delta website ten minutes later and flight was already listed with my seats highlighted. Since I am Platnium Medallion with Delta, I can move seat assignments anytime I like. Very easy process for me. Hope you have good luck too.
I have zero status with Delta and I can do the same. Delta is one of the few airlines that allow seat selection and seat changes prior to ticketing with eZAir bookings.

AF-1

I'm from Cincinnati also and I tried to book EzAir for next March (to FLL) and from the time I booked my cruise until trying to book flights right away, the air price went from $350/pp to $650/pp. The online system wasn't working and I had to have Princess do it over the phone manually. Did you do it online and was the pricing good?

My T/A says if I pay my airfare now my ticket won’t be issued until I have made my cruise payment in full as that’s the policy with a “Restricted Air” reservation. Since I’m on a international flight with Qantas I didn’t want to loose the seats that I have. If there’s no problem with seats on Quantas I have no problem waiting.

Anybody that has used Qantas whats been your experience with Qantas & seat assignments? I’m aware that Qantas has a fee for getting advance seating which I’ve already paid for.

Thanks!

Tom😎

My T/A says if I pay my airfare now my ticket won’t be issued until I have made my cruise payment in full as that’s the policy with a “Restricted Air” reservation. Since I’m on a international flight with Qantas I didn’t want to loose the seats that I have. If there’s no problem with seats on Quantas I have no problem waiting.
Both times we paid for eZAir Flexible Air flights early it was well before final payment was due and the flights were ticketed by the airline. I suggest you call Princess to get the final word on your situation.

Having said that, you mention you have assigned seats on Qantas. I don't understand what early ticketing would give you.

Both times we paid for eZAir Flexible Air flights early it was well before final payment was due and the flights were ticketed by the airline. I suggest you call Princess to get the final word on your situation.

Having said that, you mention you have assigned seats on Qantas. I don't understand what early ticketing would give you.

In the last few years prior to final payment have seen our flights shown as ticketed on certain airlines sites when using EZ-air with out making final payment. These were economy seats.

Even " ticketed" flights have been "taken away" from us..meaning the airline was still showing the flight available but it was no longer a choice on "Flex" EZ-air.

It is just e-ticketed, so only ticketed on their books.....so IMHO showing it is ticketed is insignificant without payment.

Edited by land lover

I booked economy EZAir through American and British Air. I have no status on either line, nor have I paid yet for the tickets.

I have been able to reserve seats on all flights (flights are not until April/May of next year).

Here’s what I did....When I used EZair I was able to select seats on Quantas. Quantas web site says that you have to pay if you want advance seat selection otherwise you wait until your at the airport. I only know what I have through EZair. As others have said a call to Princess will help in wanting to paying in advance for my air tickets & having the tickets issued. My seats are Economy & after they are ticked I understand that I can pay & upgrade to Economy Plus or whatever they call it. I have talked to Quantas several times to get correct info.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Tom😎

AF-1

I'm from Cincinnati also and I tried to book EzAir for next March (to FLL) and from the time I booked my cruise until trying to book flights right away, the air price went from $350/pp to $650/pp. The online system wasn't working and I had to have Princess do it over the phone manually. Did you do it online and was the pricing good?

Yes I am going to FLL in Feb on Caribbean Princess. When I booked EZ Air in Jan the price was $434; when I rebooked a few weeks ago it was $392. Very easy and have same exact flight and seats as the previous booked flight. The flight prices change every five minutes. If you go on google.com/flights you can get a monthly look at flights; just stare at the screen and prices will change before your eyes

I have zero status with Delta and I can do the same. Delta is one of the few airlines that allow seat selection and seat changes prior to ticketing with eZAir bookings.

Lew, I hear not all airlines allow you to pick seats prior to ticketing; or you wait until checkin. I guess I will stay with Delta; since I have control over my seats. Thanks for the feedback

Lew, I hear not all airlines allow you to pick seats prior to ticketing; or you wait until checkin. I guess I will stay with Delta; since I have control over my seats. Thanks for the feedback

American Airlines allows you to pick your seats which I have/did for our flight in November and for our flight to Australia in January. Picked my seats on AA from their website for the November flight. My TA helped me with the seats on the Australian flight and we are not paid in full - not until the end of October.

There may be others, but in my personal experience Delta, United, and American all allow seat selection prior to ticketing.

This was not alway the case with American, as recently as a couple of years ago it was hit or miss. Sometimes calling American would get seat selection, sometimes not. I was once told by an American supervisor on the phone that Princess needed to pay for the flights and booking be ticketed in order to allow seat selection. I had my TA pay for the flights in order to get the tickets issued then contacted American when I saw the flights had been ticketed. They still would not allow seat selection despite the fact the phone rep and her supervisor could see the notes made on my previous call. Very frustrating...

IME, all advance purchase seats with British Airways need to be paid for to get a seat assignment regardless of which cabin you are traveling in. If you think you have a free seat assignment, you have a "hold" or you're on a codeshare flight and it's really an American Airlines flight. BA charges for all advance seat assignments IME. There could be a few exceptions to this rule, but almost always, this is the case.

IME, all advance purchase seats with British Airways need to be paid for to get a seat assignment regardless of which cabin you are traveling in. If you think you have a free seat assignment, you have a "hold" or you're on a codeshare flight and it's really an American Airlines flight. BA charges for all advance seat assignments IME. There could be a few exceptions to this rule, but almost always, this is the case.

Just flew on BA using EZ Air on July 4, LHR to PHX. Was able to get seat assignments right after initial booking without paid tickets way back in September of the previous year. The only issue was somehow our passport numbers didn't get entered into BA's system and that blocked our seat assignments until a phone call straight to BA cleared that up.

With Qantas Airlines all advance seat assignments must be paid with a $30 fee regardless of where you’re seating. This fee is only for one reservation so as in my case when I repriced my reservation I had to pay another $30 fee, but I still saved some money.

If other airlines require a fee how much do you pay?

Tom😎

In the last few years prior to final payment have seen our flights shown as ticketed on certain airlines sites when using EZ-air with out making final payment. These were economy seats.

Even " ticketed" flights have been "taken away" from us..meaning the airline was still showing the flight available but it was no longer a choice on "Flex" EZ-air.

It is just e-ticketed, so only ticketed on their books.....so IMHO showing it is ticketed is insignificant without payment.

By taken away do you mean flights booked through eZAir were cancelled by the airline? Or are you saying flights you booked through eZAir no longer appeared as an option on the eZAir site?

The second scenario happens all the time...flights come and go and airfare goes up and down.

Just flew on BA using EZ Air on July 4, LHR to PHX. Was able to get seat assignments right after initial booking without paid tickets way back in September of the previous year. The only issue was somehow our passport numbers didn't get entered into BA's system and that blocked our seat assignments until a phone call straight to BA cleared that up.

Do you have status with AA or BA? It still sounds to me like it was a hold.