Fifth Royal-Class has a name

CruiseAdict218

Hopefully Princess has learned ( at least from most CC posters )

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

4) BRING BACK CROONERS:cocktail:

5) A 'true' aft adult pool

6) a full promenade deck?

7) Craft Beer Garden:beer-mug:

what else?

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

what else?

Agree (y)

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

what else?

Balconies big enough to let you sit facing the sea.

No Gastro Pub in the Wheelhouse bar.

I will chime in here!

Just for me, I don't like the name.

ENCHANTED ???

This is Princess, not Disney, right???

And, just to add a note about changes to the ship(s)...

We do NOT need deeper pools where you have to tread water to be in them.

Maybe one 'deep pool' for those that want to try to, like, swim laps.

Per the ship info on princess.com, they are showing the ship will have Crooner's, the picture they are showing of the ship at sea does not have a promenade, and as of now there is now deck plan available. They are showing Princess Live (no Explorer's Lounge). It will be interesting to see what the deck plans look like.

Then you will like the Wakeview pool if it is as the drawing depicts. Looks like the depth is less than 3 feet based on the person standing in it.

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

what else?

Speaking of craft beers, Princess had a real nice beer available on the land portion only, in 2017. As a matter of fact they ran out of it while we were in Denali.

I don't get the Crooners comment? Regal and Royal have Crooners and Majestic has things for a specific market, which may change when she does a dry dock. Crooners isn't an issue.

The wrap around promenade isn't happening with this class of ships. I've gotten over it, although the lack of forward public viewing areas is not good on some itineraries. I don't like Princess Live instead of Explorers and Club 6 seems to be an under used area.

I got the email yesterday announcing the new ship's name. It's kind of hard trying to see what the actual features are with the drawings, and virtual views. I too, would love to see a nice, usable pool aft, like the grand class ships. Maybe a separate wrap around deck for runners, not the Promenade deck, AND some nice sound softening coverings in the Atrium. Marble and glass are not the best for listening to music in there.

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

what else?

For us, one of the few things we don't like about Princess, relative to the competition, is the dearth of specialty dining options. Sabatini's and CG are getting very old for us now. Since you are not forced to eat at any specialty restaurant, why would you want to deny those of us who love Share the ability to eat there? If X or RCCL or Norwegian can find space to have a half-dozen specialty restaurants, Princess should be able to as well.

It ceases to amaze me how people believe drawings are a "true" representation of the final product. Most drawings are not to scale, it's a concept on paper what the designers think it will/should look like when complete. So just wait for the exact details and photos when Princess posts them, just saying. One more thing, who really cares about a name or ***** we cruise as per the itinerary and whatever ship has the best itinerary we go.

Wow, not a lot of fans... I myself thought the name was cute.

While I do love Crooners, I have enjoyed a new dining venue in SHARE. So, I'm in the minority in the big boo on the new announcement. I love the adult only area and I like to try new things. Been cruising Princess for a long time now. Change is OK by me. If I don't like it, I won't sail that class of ship. If I do like I will keep booking.

I don't get the Crooners comment? Regal and Royal have Crooners and Majestic has things for a specific market, which may change when she does a dry dock. Crooners isn't an issue.

The wrap around promenade isn't happening with this class of ships. I've gotten over it, although the lack of forward public viewing areas is not good on some itineraries. I don't like Princess Live instead of Explorers and Club 6 seems to be an under used area.

The Sky does not show a Crooners, La Mer restaurant is shown in its place. So showing Crooners on Enchanted is significant. There was a spirited discussion here on CC

IMHO "Enchanted Princess" sounds like a ship name that should belong to Disney Cruises.

Remember when PCL first introduced the "Share" restaurants and everyone speculated that the dishes would be shared by multiple diners? A name along can communicate a message and the new ship name will be confused with the Disney brand by some new cruisers.

Since you are not forced to eat at any specialty restaurant, why would you want to deny those of us who love Share the ability to eat there? If X or RCCL or Norwegian can find space to have a half-dozen specialty restaurants, Princess should be able to as well.

I have the opposite feelings. Specialty restaurants are a method to lower the quality of food in the regular dining rooms. On NCL many people say that they eat in a specialty restaurant every evening because of the low quality of food in the regular dining room.

On Princess, the specialty steak restaurant is the only place now to get a decent steak.

And, just to add a note about changes to the ship(s)...

I'm in agreement with that idea.

It's not a lot to ask to have a shallow end to the adult pool, is it?

Maybe the designers were all over 6'7" tall and didn't see it as a problem. :rolleyes:

I have the opposite feelings. Specialty restaurants are a method to lower the quality of food in the regular dining rooms. On NCL many people say that they eat in a specialty restaurant every evening because of the low quality of food in the regular dining room.

On Princess, the specialty steak restaurant is the only place now to get a decent steak.

Fair enough, but food quality is not the reason why we prefer to eat at specialty restaurants over an MDR, and why we would like to have more of them. We find the food in the MDRs to be excellent, but the overall atmosphere is not. Most people will disagree of course, but we find them very loud, crowded and frenetic, and being served by badly overworked waiters rushing from table to table at Mach 3.2 only adds to the pandemonium. We are more than happy to pay extra for the peace and quiet of a CG, or Sabatini's, or Share, or Salty Dog, etc.

And I certainly agree about NCL. The one meal we did eat in an MDR on our (so far) one and only NCL trip was dreadful, but even if it had been Princess quality, we still would have tried all the specialty restaurants for the variety and tranquility.

It also seems our experiences with the CG are different as well. The last three times I've been in one, my meal has been substandard, my steak poorly done. Yes, we understand many people love the CG which is why they are so popular. I'd just like some variety, that's all.

Fair enough, but food quality is not the reason why we prefer to eat at specialty restaurants over an MDR, and why we would like to have more of them. We find the food in the MDRs to be excellent, but the overall atmosphere is not. Most people will disagree of course, but we find them very loud, crowded and frenetic, and being served by badly overworked waiters rushing from table to table at Mach 3.2 only adds to the pandemonium. We are more than happy to pay extra for the peace and quiet of a CG, or Sabatini's, or Share, or Salty Dog, etc.

It really sounds like you prefer to be served at dinner time but if you don't mind getting your own plate of food on the Royal class ships, nothing can beat the peaceful, relaxing Horizon court for dinner.

The food is comparable in quality & the selections are much greater than the DR can offer. (except for desserts) ;)

Then again you can always circle back to the AT dining room before they close for dessert no matter which dining option you've chosen.

1) No Share

2) No Princess Live

3) No La Mer

what else?

If you listened to most CC Princess posters about Royal class ships they would never sail a Royal class ship......however when we sail the Royal class ships they are always full.....so I am more in favor of the new class ships then the "samo-samo" of the old and tired looking Grand class ships......in other words.....hope Princess listens to more then the complainers here....:rolleyes: