SD II Eastbound Crossing -- Antigua Questions

BeignetBoy

We are looking forward to the Eastbound Crossing on SD II in a few weeks from Antigua to Lisbon. We are arriving in Antigua a few days before the embarkation on April 11.

We have never been to Antigua and are staying at the Copper and Lumber Store. Anyone on this forum on this trip? We would love any restaurant recommendations or recommendations of things that we should be sure to see that anyone could pass on. Also, I presume that the US$ is acceptable. We will use credit cards at most locations, but please let us know if the $ doesn't work.

Looking forward to the SeaDream Experience! :D:D

We are looking forward to the Eastbound Crossing on SD II in a few weeks from Antigua to Lisbon. We are arriving in Antigua a few days before the embarkation on April 11.

We have never been to Antigua and are staying at the Copper and Lumber Store. Anyone on this forum on this trip? We would love any restaurant recommendations or recommendations of things that we should be sure to see that anyone could pass on. Also, I presume that the US$ is acceptable. We will use credit cards at most locations, but please let us know if the $ doesn't work.

Looking forward to the SeaDream Experience! :D:D

I have always used USD on all Caribbean islands including Antigua. Wish we were going with you. I have to say, on our current Viking Sun voyage, we have seen no beaches or places, including Phuket, Bora Bora, Bali, that come close to the beauty and fun found on SeaDream in the Caribbean. Can't wait to get back "home" to the BVI. :cool:

If you are there for a Sunday night check out Shirley Heights, or just take a cab up anyway, beautiful views. The is also "xtreme adventures" that has a boat day trip which circumnavigates the island. No resturant suggestions from us for Falmoth area unfortunately. Have a great crosssing. Cheers

Thanks Jim and Tiki -- We won't be there on a Sunday night, but have found a few restaurants that look interesting on TripAdvisor, and the Copper and Lumber has a "Seafood Dinner" on Friday night. But we will look into the ;xtreme adventures' boat trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Southpoint Restaurant and Lounge in English Harbour by the Yacht Club was a beautiful place to eat and drink. On the water, great food. Have another great crossing, I look forward to doing that again one day!

Cheers, Robin

Southpoint Restaurant and Lounge in English Harbour by the Yacht Club was a beautiful place to eat and drink. On the water, great food. Have another great crossing, I look forward to doing that again one day!

Cheers, Robin

We second Robin. Had a great meal/drinks there.:cool: