Insurance question

ravluis

My husband and I will be cruising in October. We have not purchased trip insurance yet I am in the process of doing that now on insure my trip website. My husband father was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and my husband now feels like he is deteriorating quickly. My questions is, will trip insurance cover our trip if god forbid we had to cancel? Also, can anyone recommend which company on insure my trip should we use?

I'm so terribly sorry to hear that! As far as I know the stipulations vary from insurer to insurer. So, for that reason I would call rather than order online. Give them some insight to your situation and they will advise you on what to do.

My best to you and your spouse.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear that! As far as I know the stipulations vary from insurer to insurer. So, for that reason I would call rather than order online. Give them some insight to your situation and they will advise you on what to do.

My best to you and your spouse.

Thank you!

I don't have good advice to offer, but I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. I just lost 2 fathers (my dad and my stepdad) to cancer and I know how painful it is. I hope that it doesn't create an issue for you at all and that you are able to enjoy your cruise in October. <3

You can also use the chat feature on that website. I may have gotten lucky but I found it extremely helpful. With my somewhat professional level of knowledge of insurance coverage, I don't know that I would feel comfortable with anything other than cancel for any reason coverage considering how close you are to sail date.

One of your big issues in buying insurance for October will be pre existing conditions.

Sorry but it's your pre existing conditions, not your fathers. We booked a 2 week Miracle Panama Canal last October. The morning before we left my wife's dad passed away. Nationwide Cruise from http://www.insuremytrip.com paid everything. There was a little confusion as we flew to Long Beach and our return flight was Tampa. At first they were considered it trip interruption and not cancellation. We finally received a refund for our last leg. We did have cancel for any reason. A death in the immediate family is a valid cancellation reason

I don't have good advice to offer, but I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. I just lost 2 fathers (my dad and my stepdad) to cancer and I know how painful it is. I hope that it doesn't create an issue for you at all and that you are able to enjoy your cruise in October. <3

I am so sorry for your loss and thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all so very much. I will

Purchase now with nationwide. I truly appreciate the help.

When did you make your FIRST deposit/payment for the trip?

If it was recently (within 20 days) there may be other choices with better coverage.

www.TripInsuranceStore.com is the place to CALL and discuss ALL of your specific concerns.

We have an very elderly MIL (approaching 100) so we also like CFAR.

This would provide 75% cash back for all non-refundable costs, if WE decided that we should stay home or return home, even though a physician didn't declare it medically necessary (yet).

We get policies through TIS from Travel Insured (the insurer) and they pay claims promptly, including large ones.

Good luck!

GC

ravluis, you will be fine dealing with insuremytrip.com

There is no need to switch gears and talk with another travel insurance broker. The folks at insuremytrip.com are quite capable of assisting you in selecting the best travel insurance policy that fits your situation.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. It is wise to obtain travel insurance. Best of luck.

ravluis, you will be fine dealing with insuremytrip.com

There is no need to switch gears and talk with another travel insurance broker. The folks at insuremytrip.com are quite capable of assisting you in selecting the best travel insurance policy that fits your situation.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. It is wise to obtain travel insurance. Best of luck.

Thank you so much

Sorry but it's your pre existing conditions, not your fathers. We booked a 2 week Miracle Panama Canal last October. The morning before we left my wife's dad passed away. Nationwide Cruise from http://www.insuremytrip.com paid everything. There was a little confusion as we flew to Long Beach and our return flight was Tampa. At first they were considered it trip interruption and not cancellation. We finally received a refund for our last leg. We did have cancel for any reason. A death in the immediate family is a valid cancellation reason

I used to think that as well...but my research plus cc threads as well as speaking to insurance ...

The pre existing does in fact extend to non traveling family members....for many many policies

Ridiculous I know....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used to think that as well...but my research plus cc threads as well as speaking to insurance ...

The pre existing does in fact extend to non traveling family members....for many many policies

Ridiculous I know....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, for "many" policies, but there are definitely some policies where there is *not* any such restriction covering non-traveling family members.

And this brings up the most critical rule of all:

READ THE TERMS OF THE SPECIFIC POLICY YOU ARE CONSIDERING (or speak with someone at the insurer or broker).

And if you *speak* with someone, and they answer your question with information that satisfies your needs, then have them direct you to the SPECIFIC WRITTEN SECTION of the policy that states that same information.

There are so many different policies with such varying terms (and prices, no surprise), that there is no substitute to reading you OWN policy very carefully.

(It's no help what types of coverages others describe on anonymous internet forums if *you* later need to file a claim.)

This is why we strongly recommend that a travel CALL the insurer or broker and discuss one's needs.

The rep may ask some questions (or even make note of something the traveler says) that leads them to suggest a particular policy that is better for those needs than other policies, etc.

And be open and honest with all of your "situation". "BEFORE" purchasing the policy is the time to find out that something about your situation might not be covered... not when you go to file a claim.

RM