Carnival Ports/Excursions ( Belize & Cozumel) Wheelchair ADVICE

Hello, In 2019 of July we will be traveling as a group and 2 of our ports are Belize & Cozumel. I was told these are "Tender" ports. Can someone with experience in wheelchair, preferably one that uses 100% Power Wheelchair but will use/rent a wheelchair for Ports to travel give us there experience in tendering to these islands?

Also, ports that do NOT use a tender can you just use your own Power Wheelchair to leave ship to Island? So we may not have to use rented Wheelchair?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thank you.

(Carnival Miracle ~ Ports, Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay & Grand Cayman

Cozumel is NOT a tender port. Unless there is a hurricane and a bunch of extra ships are diverted there. Belize...well, I guess experiences differ, or maybe tenders differ. I have observed a tender where we boarded on the upper level, and there was a person in a wheelchair, but we had to go to the lower level to go ashore, and there were only stairs. EM

Grand Cayman is a tender port. If (and that is a BIG if) there are accessible tenders available you may be able to go ashore. If no accessible tender you have to be able to manage 3 to 4 steps to enter and exit the tender. The staff will then lift a device weighing no more than 50 pounds onto the tender. You can also be denied boarding if there are high seas.

Like someone else mentioned, Cozumel is normally docking. Belize and Grand Cayman are tender ports. I have been told that Grand Cayman has a roll-on tender but do not know. If they have a roll on tender and the ship is assigned that tender, you can go ashore. Belize also has tenders and in the past, they would take scooters and manual wheel chairs. I have heard that the power wheelchairs are heavier, thus do no know if they will take them. However, if the ship uses Carnival's tenders either place, you cannot go ashore at that port. Carnival does not allow scooters or power wheelchairs on the their tenders.

Mahogany Bay is Carnival's private port. If you book any private tours, you will need to verify that they have permission to enter the port area.

I do not know the rules for collapsible wheelchairs.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Like someone else mentioned, Cozumel is normally docking. Belize and Grand Cayman are tender ports. I have been told that Grand Cayman has a roll-on tender but do not know. If they have a roll on tender and the ship is assigned that tender, you can go ashore. Belize also has tenders and in the past, they would take scooters and manual wheel chairs. I have heard that the power wheelchairs are heavier, thus do no know if they will take them. However, if the ship uses Carnival's tenders either place, you cannot go ashore at that port. Carnival does not allow scooters or power wheelchairs on the their tenders.

Mahogany Bay is Carnival's private port. If you book any private tours, you will need to verify that they have permission to enter the port area.

I do not know the rules for collapsible wheelchairs.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Even with a roll-on tender, I think weather also plays a critical factor on whether you can get on.