tour guide!

linbobky

• 5 months later...

We also used Jorge for a customized itinerary. I ended up getting a great group from the roll call. We visited the rainforest for a chocolate making tour - terrific to see from start to finish, right in the forest. Saw all kinds of beautiful plants, leaf cutter ants carrying their leaves, hummingbirds, etc. right there. Also went to Luluberlu,, a wonderful art gallery with artisan goods and paintings you can afford, so much nicer than typical souvenirs. Had lunch at a local 'soda', good food and reasonable. Saw the coastline, beaches, banana plantations. Stopped in a grocery store before going back to the port-the best place to get your coffee, salsas, etc. at a much better price than the terminal shops. We had a wonderful day. It is beautiful out in the country!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
we used Jorge Luis Ramirez Morales from www.portlimon.com and absolutely loved Jorge. He personalized the tour for us, at half the cost of a princess tour. It was just my husband and I and we highly recommend him!

We also used Jorge for a customized itinerary. I ended up getting a great group from the roll call. We visited the rainforest for a chocolate making tour - terrific to see from start to finish, right in the forest. Saw all kinds of beautiful plants, leaf cutter ants carrying their leaves, hummingbirds, etc. right there. Also went to Luluberlu,, a wonderful art gallery with artisan goods and paintings you can afford, so much nicer than typical souvenirs. Had lunch at a local 'soda', good food and reasonable. Saw the coastline, beaches, banana plantations. Stopped in a grocery store before going back to the port-the best place to get your coffee, salsas, etc. at a much better price than the terminal shops. We had a wonderful day. It is beautiful out in the country!

Based on these recommendations, we contacted Jorge to arrange a day-long private tour from Limon during our recent cruise. I e-mailed him a few times, to firm up plans, and then to reconfirm a couple of weeks prior. He replied that we were all set and he would be waiting for us when the ship arrived.

Unfortunately, he never showed up at the pier. A helpful driver called him and he said he didn't think I had confirmed the date. He asked us to wait for him, but we opted to spend the day with someone else.

He later e-mailed me to apologize and say that he had written me down for the wrong date!

I cannot recommend his services.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Interested in finding out more. Can you give me an idea of the price you paid for the tour? thanks - looking forward to a n October trip on the Caribbean Princess