Carnival favorite foods?

Handsome Dancer

A few recommendations I found online:

Blue Iguana and Guy's Burger Joint are among Carnival's best restaurants. The fried fish tacos and breakfast burrito are recommended at Blue Iguana.

The Steakhouse is recommended, though I don't think it exists on the Carnival Elation I'm going on. The Steakhouse Selections in the dining room should be the same however.

The vegetarian Indian meal also comes recommended.

I'd be interested in hearing specific favorites anyone has among the dining room dishes.

The metling cake isn't great but the Bitter and blanc is as well as the popcorn parfait.

Guys burgers and Iguana are indeed awesome.

I am also a fan of Carnival's pizza and I really like their asian offerings whether it is the wok station or Jiji's Asian kitchen.

Buffet desserts are missable.

The metling cake isn't great but the Bitter and blanc is as well as the popcorn parfait.

I Googled it and it sounds like the Bitter and Blanc is only available on longer cruises. I'm on a 5-day on the Elation.

Anyone know if the popcorn parfait is the same?

We just got off the Pride and found much of the food hit or miss. Some that we really enjoyed:

Guy's fries - the burger was decent but greasy, the fries were very good and both had quick turn over

Blue Iguana shrimp - everything was good there (not a huge fan of the breakfast burrito, but that might be me) but I couldn't get enough of the shrimp and pico de gallo

Lido - prunes at breakfast: they were dried not stewed and reminded me of ones my mom got when I was little

-small cookies: peanut butter and chocolate chip were both good

-breakfast potatoes - especially the little hashbrown rounds

MDR brunch - huevos rancheros or steak and eggs; I tried the "chicken from hell" (forget the spanish name) and the sauce was good but the chicken wasn't

MDR dinner - most items were mediocre at best, but my husband enjoyed the prime rib (too big a serving though) and one of the nights the broccoli was really good for him (the other it was cooked to much); we both enjoyed the green beans with bacon; there was a decent steak and pepper dish one night too

MDR desserts - husband liked the popcorn, I didn't care for it (not a big custard fan); there was a strawberry dessert the first night that was really good but only saw it the first night; Baked Alaska was good (last night), but mostly just Neapolitan ice cream.

The best desert hands down is the melting chocolate cake. But, if you’re into crème boûlée you can request it even if it’s not on the menu for the next night. Just talk to the head waiter and order it for the next night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not cocktails, but lido has really good hot chocolate (one press gives a half cup) all day and guava juice at breakfast. Many people really enjoy the juice and will fill a container in the morning to use as a mixer throughout the day.

At breakfast lido also has a really good chocolate muffin.

definitely Chocolate Melting cake, order with a side of peanut butter.

MDR: some of my favorites, escargot, crab cake, spaghetti carbanara (can order as an appetizer or main dish, any of the pasta main dishes can be ordered as an appetizer), prime rib, flat iron steak is hit or miss.

sea day brunch, steak and eggs, eggs benedict (order hollandaise on side), omelets, blueberry pancakes.

love the deli and pizza

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The chocolate melting cake IS amazing, and they even made a gluten free/flourless one for my son every night, which was also amazing. 

I found the Carnival main dining room to be surprisingly a step up from Royal Caribbean's main dining room (on food, but not service), but don't even bother with Carnival's buffet. It's small and mediocre, nothing like the smorgasboard Royal Caribbean buffet. But Carnival has more included restaurants, so we weren't lacking for options. Sea Day Brunch and Guy's burgers are great.

I did the 5 day on the Elation in 2018. The Indian is very good and can be REALLY spicy if you're not ready for it. They don't fool around in the kitchen with the spice levels, I thought. I also like spice!

I think most of the dishes that were centered around the ports were average, I probably wouldn't get them again, and instead favor the stuff that's more in the Foods you always wanted to try section, where they were all fantastic.

Salmon was a good choice, and anything with pasta I thought was great.

• 4 weeks later...

The caramel corn pot de creme was very good on Pride. I almost never eat deserts as many ot them contain foods I do not like such as chocolate, whipped cream, nuts, etc.  The pot de creme was the perfect size - about 3 bites, and the popcorn was crisp.

I found Carnival Pride's dining room food better than Royal's as there were more vegetarian options that were not limited to pasta or Indian food.

Edited by Bookish Angel