St John New Brunswick market

katfer

Looking for a market or store in St John's we went to on an excursion. I remember there was a fish restaurant to the left as we went in. Had all kind of Canadian candy, arts and crafts coffee deli meat..dried seaweed. Colorful flags hung from ceilings. This store was across the street from a gorgeous park. We want to visit this September. Anyone have a clue where this is? We both loved it and only had twenty minutes there.

The park is King’s Square and the market is Saint John City Market. It is undergoing a $3 million renovation and was covered with scaffolding in 2017. Should be done in for cruise season 2018.

It is on Charlotte St or Germain St between King St and Union St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so....... don't tell me if the market is undergoing reno ... it was charming just the way it was! Thanks ..anything else besides the tides we need to see? Think we saw St Martins while we were there and a beautiful covered bridge.

The park is King’s Square and the market is Saint John City Market. It is undergoing a $3 million renovation and was covered with scaffolding in 2017. Should be done in for cruise season 2018.

It is on Charlotte St or Germain St between King St and Union St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were there this past October and hurried back from an excursion to walk through...kinda disappointed.

• 1 month later...
Looking for a market or store in St John's we went to on an excursion. I remember there was a fish restaurant to the left as we went in. Had all kind of Canadian candy, arts and crafts coffee deli meat..dried seaweed. Colorful flags hung from ceilings. This store was across the street from a gorgeous park. We want to visit this September. Anyone have a clue where this is? We both loved it and only had twenty minutes there.

If you are purchasing dolce to take home, make sure it is in a sealed package (in the video it was open brown bags). On our October cruise we did an excursion that included a lunch with the dried seaweed - I liked it but my husband didn't, quite salty. I doubt you could bring open back on the ship anyway, but our guide cautioned us to make sure it stayed sealed until we got home or we would likely want to burn our luggage due to the strong smell:eek::').