Resort For A Day?

Banks822

• 3 weeks later...
We have been to the Santa Barbara Beach Resort twice, and we loved it! There was never a big crowd, unlimited drinks, unlimited food. Pools were amazing, nice beach. Just a gorgeous place. https://www.resortforaday.com/Curacao-Santa-Barbara-Beach-Resort-p/cursbba.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan to go to this resort! I am curious....did you attempt to rent snorkel gear while you were there? We are worried that the gear may be already rented. We are thinking of bringing our own snorkel gear...is that an option?

We went to the Santa Barbara about two weeks ago with a day pass. It was absolutely beautiful. They also provide transportation. It was a perfect day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just trying to see how much it would cost to get there I fell on your response.

What time are they open till?

One of the questions I asked before booking this was regarding snorkeling so I thought I would share with you as well.

TheSanta Barbara Beach Resort beach is inside a lagoon area on the Caribbean Seathere is no marine life for snorkeling. If you're interested in snorkeling theHilton Curacao is on the ocean side and has great snorkeling.

I was just trying to see how much it would cost to get there I fell on your response.

What time are they open till?

Pick up time is 45 minutes after your ships arrival. About half an hour ride. You'll spend 5 hours at the resort.

• 4 weeks later...
We have been to the Santa Barbara Beach Resort twice, and we loved it! There was never a big crowd, unlimited drinks, unlimited food. Pools were amazing, nice beach. Just a gorgeous place. https://www.resortforaday.com/Curacao-Santa-Barbara-Beach-Resort-p/cursbba.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Thanks everyone for this recommendation, like many of us I'm heading back to Curacao, been here several times, really enjoyed my time on the island was trying to find something a little off the beaten path and something nice to do, Santa Barbara Beach Club is it.

The $114 includes everything transportation to and from the resort from the port, that's big. Our ship doesn't leave until 10pm, their courtesy van takes you back to the port around 3pm-ish which allows plenty of time to go back in town have dinner, and drinks before getting back on the ship:D. Thanks Todd

One of the questions I asked before booking this was regarding snorkeling so I thought I would share with you as well.

TheSanta Barbara Beach Resort beach is inside a lagoon area on the Caribbean Seathere is no marine life for snorkeling. If you're interested in snorkeling theHilton Curacao is on the ocean side and has great snorkeling.

The Hilton Curacao is on the Caribbean Sea not the ocean just fyi. This area is an open area of the Caribbean Sea so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say we ended up going to the Santa Barbara Resort and had a fabulous day!! The pool was great, the water was beautiful, service was top notch, and we really enjoyed the food. None of us are drinkers, but the bartenders made us several drinks with no alcohol that were really tasty! It was well worth the money spent.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to say we ended up going to the Santa Barbara Resort and had a fabulous day!! The pool was great, the water was beautiful, service was top notch, and we really enjoyed the food. None of us are drinkers, but the bartenders made us several drinks with no alcohol that were really tasty! It was well worth the money spent.

That's AWESOME!!! Thank you very much for the feedback, you just decided my day on Curaccao. Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Santa Barbara Beach Resort was amazing! The included transportation was at the pier with a sign, so easy to find them. It was a bit of a drive to the resort, but I enjoyed being able to see more of the Island, and once you got to the Resort area it was beautiful. The beach is a lagoon style with a walking area that you can walk all around it, it was a shaded private beach area. The day I visited there was no one else on the beach. The pool was very large, and had a beach bar/grill that was more casual but all the staff was friendly. Also had lunch inside the restaurant and they were all friendly, pleasant, and lunch was delicious. I have visited many different Resorts on the Islands, and this one is my favorite. I would like to go back and play golf on their course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So you all believe the difference in cost Santa Barbara vs Hilton is worth it? $60 vs 119, Hilton is not all inclusive but includes 25 credit op, sb is ai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi fare from the pier to the Hilton is a set rate of $20 one way, so now your $60 would quickly turn into $100 with roundtip taxi fare included, and not all inclusive. Hilton Curacao is a nice smaller boutique style property with everything close together, and just 10 minutes from the pier. The Santa Barbara Beach Resort is about 30 minute ride from the pier, and more of a quiet large spread out luxury resort with amazing views all around. They have a beach but it's a lagoon style beach, not ocean or caribbean front. So, both options are great, and good values, it just depends on what you're looking for in your day. No wrong choice :) Enjoy your cruise vacation!:):)

Taxi fare from the pier to the Hilton is a set rate of $20 one way, so now your $60 would quickly turn into $100 with roundtip taxi fare included, and not all inclusive. Hilton Curacao is a nice smaller boutique style property with everything close together, and just 10 minutes from the pier. The Santa Barbara Beach Resort is about 30 minute ride from the pier, and more of a quiet large spread out luxury resort with amazing views all around. They have a beach but it's a lagoon style beach, not ocean or caribbean front. So, both options are great, and good values, it just depends on what you're looking for in your day. No wrong choice :) Enjoy your cruise vacation!:):)

We paid $10 for the cab to Hilton, (not per person, $8 fare and $2 tip). Got the cab from outside the port area, next to the bus stop (near Mega Pier in Otrabanda). There was no set rate that we were informed about. Perhaps you took the cab from Punda to the Hilton? Then I can understand the $20.

And you are right...no wrong choice in Curacao! :)

We paid $10 for the cab to Hilton, (not per person, $8 fare and $2 tip). Got the cab from outside the port area, next to the bus stop (near Mega Pier in Otrabanda). There was no set rate that we were informed about. Perhaps you took the cab from Punda to the Hilton? Then I can understand the $20.

And you are right...no wrong choice in Curacao! :)

So you really liked the Hilton curaçao? Love to hear more about your trip there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...