Best time to cruise

travelin_nat

I would like to book a Canada/NE cruise for 2019. Looking for suggestions about best time to go. I don't intend to try to catch the changing of the colors since I understand that is unpredictable, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I'd rather go when it's less expensive, but not if that means we have a greater chance of bad weather.

Also, is there a cruise line that does this itinerary best? We've been loyal to Royal, but I'm open to change if someone else excels on this itinerary.

TIA!!

This past October we did Canada/New England itinerary round trip out of Cape Liberty on RCI Anthem just amazing....Next October 2019 we're doing the RCI on Adventure the Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale..so many great ports...really excited for this one. Enjoy whatever works for you.

We are going in 3 weeks. While I don't plan on basking in the sun with the lido roof open, the weather will be fine. I will report more when I return.

We are on Hal's veendam. We wanted heavy Canadian ports and no others are that way.

Choose your itinerary for the ports and the time spent in port. Prices are a good indication of when is the best time to go. Spring will be cool but much quieter. October is the peak time and the up to five ships in port (Halifax) in one day shows that. Mid summer is likely best if you don't care about the fall colours and the crowds, with June and September next.

We are going in 3 weeks. While I don't plan on basking in the sun with the lido roof open, the weather will be fine. I will report more when I return.

We are on Hal's veendam. We wanted heavy Canadian ports and no others are that way.

Will be interested to hear how you like it. I also prefer heavy Canadian ports. I'll probably choose to do a road trip for NE some other time.

• 2 weeks later...

We have found Labor Day week to be the best time to do the NE/Canadian cruises. Price is lower than the summer vacay ones and the October "fall foliage" ones.

Temps on the ocean are still warm enough to enjoy the outer deck activities and on board swimming. Weather on land is less humid making for it less likely to be fogged in or out of port. Also since many Canadian and northern US schools start session that week, so very few children on any line.

As for the best ship pick the one with the most indoor activities and experiences you wish to use. Though it may not be anywhere geographically close, hurricanes can cause storm surge winds and/or rough seas on this route. Having plenty of indoor choices of entertainment helps negate the loss of outdoor usage.