Cycling excursions

My last cruise was with Ocean Village II and they carry mountain bikes for cycle excursions which I really enjoyed - hard going but great for seeing the Caribbean islands - I cycled in Aruba and Grenada and it was fantastic:p

Wan't too fussed on OV though - are there any other cruiselines which carry bikes like this?

My last cruise was with Ocean Village II and they carry mountain bikes for cycle excursions which I really enjoyed - hard going but great for seeing the Caribbean islands - I cycled in Aruba and Grenada and it was fantastic:p

Wan't too fussed on OV though - are there any other cruiselines which carry bikes like this?

What a cool idea. I've never heard of it, but I like it!

• 3 weeks later...

I love this idea...I mountain bike and am always looking to escape our winter climate and thought it would be cool to be able to still cruise and get in some trails in different ports, anyone heard of that being done? Would be a cool concept to connect with other riders from all over and could see a lot of different islands...

Hi there, yes it was great for seeing the islands, the tour in Aruba was 15 miles, really nice and Grenada was about 12 miles, both times we stopped off at the beach. Each island had a different graded trip, some for beginners ranging right up to heavy going mountain biking. It was really well organised depending on how many in the group there were 2 or 3 guides.

I can't find any other cruise line mentioning carrying bikes apart from Ocean Village and they are being moved to Australia soon.

Hopefully some of the cruiselines will realise how good an idea this is.

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully some of the cruiselines will realise how good an idea this is.

This one isn't quite the Caribbeans, but lots of cycling discovery (www.bikeandboat.ca). Your cruise ship follows you around as you bike along the St-Lawrence River.

Cheers,

Ron

Holland America allows you to take your bike aboard but you have to keep it in your room.

Celebrity allows bikes but you check it with them and they store in in the Hold and bring it to you when you reach a port. You cannont access your bike when the ship is sailing though.

If enough of us got together and had a Cycling Group we would have a bit more sway in the policies and could certainly ride together as a group.

Anyone know of any cycling cruises?

Bill

• 1 month later...

Archived