No Captain’s welcome party

• 2 weeks later...

On an imminent 16 night cruise we also have 3 formals and one toe cringing British night which I wish they would abandon. I'd be surprised if they cancelled the captain's welcome party because of rough seas as, for many, it's an

important event. But nothing is impossible in these days of cutbacks and savings.

Just back from a five nighter on Braemar. Knew there would be no formal night, but was surprised to find there was also no party!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just back from Balmoral and it was the same, no formal and no party. They had a farewell drink but it was extremely basic and over in about 15 minutes.

Just back from Balmoral and it was the same, no formal and no party. They had a farewell drink but it was extremely basic and over in about 15 minutes.

Hope you will complain in the feedback/questionnaire.

Hope you will complain in the feedback/questionnaire.

Personally I’m not overly bothered about it, been to too many in the past however along with dress code changes for shorter cruises it just erodes the overall experience imo.

That said we had a really enjoyable cruise.

Personally I’m not overly bothered about it, been to too many in the past however along with dress code changes for shorter cruises it just erodes the overall experience imo.

That said we had a really enjoyable cruise.

Yes, I agree that like you I am not exactly upset about it, but it is a cumulative thing, taking away all the ‘cruise’ features and making it into just a floating hotel. And if nobody objects, they will all disappear.

• 1 month later...