Cruise Clothing

Missylove

Hello everyone!! Just a quick question.......I'm trying to figure out what I want to wear on the cruise but not sure about the weather. Does anyone know how the weather is during the Western Caribbean Cruise

(Cozumel, Gr. Cayman, etc)? Is it too hot for jeggings and skinny pants? I just don't want to have all of the wrong types of clothing. Thanks a bunch!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Don't know when you are cruising. We have done the western Caribbean during various months and have found it to be hot and humid.

Off the ship we wear shorts and bermudas and loose tops. On the ship -- same clothes for breakfast and lunch. Dinner -- DH wears slacks and a collared shirt. I wear either a skirt and a blouse or a dress. Some ladies will wear nice slacks and tops.

I'm an old lady. I take minimal hot weather clothing, because I don't sit out by the pool or go to the beach. A pair of shorts and a couple sleeveless t's for shopping/touring in port. Back on the ship, we are finding it increasingly too cool, so we are taking more 3/4 and long sleeve shirts. We dress up some for dinner. But I do see many people in jeggings and sweats. This cruise I am stretching it and taking four pair shoes. Oh, and I only travel with a backpack and carryon. EM

Thanks for the welcome Krazy Kruizers!! :D

Thanks for the replies everyone. I figured that it would be hot but wasn't sure about the humidity since we are cruising in December......I better rethink this a bit. I probably won't be in the air conditioning all the time so I will definitely remember that. I'm so excited and trying not to let this clothing stuff overwhelm me.

Skinny pants might be OK for the dining room, which is air conditioned to the point of too chilly (for some). You could pair them with some cute heels and a nice top. Anything denim is too hot (and heavy weight in suitcase) for the Caribbean at any time of year, in my opinion. My go-to is skirts and tops, sundresses, light wrap or shawl for evening on deck, flat sandals, and wedge sandals at night. Go for comfort and cool. :)Remember to stay hydrated and use lots of sunblock - the Caribbean sun is very strong.

Have fun!

We are very lucky that we leave in Galveston county right on Galveston bay. Not only to we have cheap access to a lot of good ships cheap, just have a friend drop us off and pick us up, but cruise clothes is what we were all year. Lots of summer colors, nice dress shorts and saddles. Almost all year long to everything but wedding and funerals. It’s what we wear to go out to eat, go to dinner even church. Because I can wear summer casual all year, I spend a lot for my cruise cloths. Now snow ski clothes I beg borrow still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only cruise during Christmas break and only in the Caribbean. Have only needed leggings, never jeans, for the plane from Canada or during the pre cruise night in Fort Lauderdale. After that, it’s strictly the looser, the better. Eg. Light summer maxi dresses, sleeveless; open sandals (never sneakers or socks unless on an excursion requiring such footwear). I find even shorts or capris to be confining and clammy on cruises in the Caribbean; very light dresses provide nice air circulation and the longer ones mean I can sprawl in a lounge chair and not have to worry about giving everyone a show - not to mention that I don’t have to worry about shaving my legs every day :D:D. Yeah, TMI, but ladies will get it :p.

After 12 cruises, this past Christmas was the only time everyone ran for their warmer clothing due to light rain on the last day as we neared Fort Lauderdale. A lightweight cardigan or nice shawl will dress up an evening outfit and provide warmth for the cool AC in the dining rooms. In fact, I carry one or the other for every dinner.

Lay everything out when you're ready to pack....remove half of the clothing and leave it at home and increase spending money.

Unless you actually know how to pack or like to do laundry:rolleyes:. I know it's often well intentioned and applies to some, but many people aren't over packers. If I removed 1/2 the clothes I would be doing laundry every other day. I know how to budget, too. If I brought twice the money I would blow my budget and worry about having that much cash with. Visa gives me access to a generous emergency fund, and I already budget extra for incidentals.

(I hope this didn't come as an attack on you, Sauer-kraut, I've just seen it too often and couldn't let it slide again;))

We only cruise during Christmas break and only in the Caribbean. Have only needed leggings, never jeans, for the plane from Canada or during the pre cruise night in Fort Lauderdale. After that, it’s strictly the looser, the better. Eg. Light summer maxi dresses, sleeveless; open sandals (never sneakers or socks unless on an excursion requiring such footwear). I find even shorts or capris to be confining and clammy on cruises in the Caribbean; very light dresses provide nice air circulation and the longer ones mean I can sprawl in a lounge chair and not have to worry about giving everyone a show - not to mention that I don’t have to worry about shaving my legs every day :D:D. Yeah, TMI, but ladies will get it :p.

After 12 cruises, this past Christmas was the only time everyone ran for their warmer clothing due to light rain on the last day as we neared Fort Lauderdale. A lightweight cardigan or nice shawl will dress up an evening outfit and provide warmth for the cool AC in the dining rooms. In fact, I carry one or the other for every dinner.

Great advice! I do have workout days though, so if you do be sure to include those clothes and shoes.

Hello everyone!! Just a quick question.......I'm trying to figure out what I want to wear on the cruise but not sure about the weather. Does anyone know how the weather is during the Western Caribbean Cruise

(Cozumel, Gr. Cayman, etc)? Is it too hot for jeggings and skinny pants? I just don't want to have all of the wrong types of clothing. Thanks a bunch!!

There is a lot of info on the Beauty and Fashion boards too.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=182

I found I lived mostly in maxi dresses and swim suit cover ups on the ship. I took several cute dresses and a pair of heels that went with both dresses for formal nights and dinners, and shorts and tank tops for going off the ship. Be sure to look at any excursions you are doing as they might have specific attire requirements (tennis shoes, long pants, water shoes etc.). Unless you are the type to change clothes 10 times a day, I honestly wouldn't stress it too much! A cruise is for chilling and relaxing! (Oh, and depending on where you're coming from, be sure to pack warm clothes for departure day! We learned THAT the hard way! Pretty mild when we left, but 12 DEGREES and windy on the day we got back! lol)

I found I lived mostly in maxi dresses and swim suit cover ups on the ship. I took several cute dresses and a pair of heels that went with both dresses for formal nights and dinners, and shorts and tank tops for going off the ship. Be sure to look at any excursions you are doing as they might have specific attire requirements (tennis shoes, long pants, water shoes etc.). Unless you are the type to change clothes 10 times a day, I honestly wouldn't stress it too much! A cruise is for chilling and relaxing! (Oh, and depending on where you're coming from, be sure to pack warm clothes for departure day! We learned THAT the hard way! Pretty mild when we left, but 12 DEGREES and windy on the day we got back! lol)

Yea I have couple pair of shorts included and some capris......I will definitely be taking a jacket because I'm from Michigan.

We cruised the Caribbean in Nov 17, always hot during the day. I think we had a few spots of rain in one day but didn't move off the beach bed. Have a super trip.

Chris

Thank you! I am sooooo looking forward to cruising!!:hearteyes:

So what you wear will vary depending on what time of day it is. For the day time you will need:

1.) 2-3 pairs of shorts

2.) 7 shirts (short sleeves and tank tops work)

3.) Sneakers and flip flops

4.) 2 bathing suits

5.) Water socks (for the beach and pool)

6.) Hat

7.) Sunglasses

8.) Jewelry (optional)

9.) Totes and purses to carry stuff in (optional)

You will need to change for dinner every night. Usually there are 2 formal nights and 5 casual nights. For the night time you will need:

1.) 2 formal dresses

2.) 3-5 casual dresses

3.) 1 pair of shoes for casual night

4.) 1 pair of shoes for formal night

5.) Purses to carry room keys, etc. in (one for formal nights and 1 for casual nights)

6.) Jewelry (optional)

7.) Makeup (optional)

So what you wear will vary depending on what time of day it is. For the day time you will need:

1.) 2-3 pairs of shorts

2.) 7 shirts (short sleeves and tank tops work)

3.) Sneakers and flip flops

4.) 2 bathing suits

5.) Water socks (for the beach and pool)

6.) Hat

7.) Sunglasses

8.) Jewelry (optional)

9.) Totes and purses to carry stuff in (optional)

You will need to change for dinner every night. Usually there are 2 formal nights and 5 casual nights. For the night time you will need:

1.) 2 formal dresses

2.) 3-5 casual dresses

3.) 1 pair of shoes for casual night

4.) 1 pair of shoes for formal night

5.) Purses to carry room keys, etc. in (one for formal nights and 1 for casual nights)

6.) Jewelry (optional)

7.) Makeup (optional)

This seems like a lot of clothes lolol. What are water socks? I was going to wear flops to the pool and I only have 1 bathing suit. I have a lot of this stuff on my list but not all of it. I'm going to lay everything out and assign a day so that I know how to incorporate dresses. I don't plan to eat in the dining room every night and I really only planned to take 2 pair of dress pants with blouses for the formal nights. Thanks for the detailed reply I love it!! :)