POA earliest disembark and travel to airport.

oz61

Do any recent Pride of America cruisers remember the earliest time you could leave the ship? There is an international flight at 10:30 am that one of our group is considering.

A recent Freestyle daily shows first disembark time as 7:15 am, NCL say 10:30 am is the earliest flight time and we will be suite guests.

But does the ship dock on time? Is it ever late? How easy is it to get a taxi or Uber if you get off as soon as you can?

Is this enough time to get to the airport?

I posted on the NCL site but received no responses.

Thanks all.

I found a really old thread on the subject.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=608156

I don’t think anyone would recommend it. Most threads I see say noon for a domestic flight. There is no way I would want that much stress on top of a long travel day back home. Sure it might be possible but why risk it?

On of the things I found in my research is that in addition to checking your bags and TSA, in Hawaii you also have to go through a produce type inspection before you go to check your bags.

With an international flight, I personally would not chance it even though this ship seems to pull in pretty regularly at 7am with self carry getting off at 7:15 or 7:30 in most reviews. I haven't been yet, but I've been watching lots of posts of pictures of the ship coming into port and looking at the timestamps, etc.

Personally, I would not try for an international flight for 10:30. Most international flights start boarding over an hour prior to departure. TSA at HNL can sometimes get quite congested. There is agricultural inspection both for checked baggage and carry-on, which won’t take long, but it is still two extra steps prior to actually entering the gate area.

Cabs will be right at the port, but, depending on day of week, will be about +/- 30 minutes. Too big a risk timing wise for my comfort level.