How does your spouse feel about solo cruises?

spleenstomper

• 1 month later...

I recently lost my husband of almost 49 years near the end of our TA from Copenhagen last September so for the moment the daughter is joining me on cruises for 2019 & 2020. However her time is limited so know a cruise is out there for myself. I have only done 1 cruise without him, a 7 day Coastal but did go with another couple but I had my own cabin. I am pretty out going and enjoy meeting people so going solo wouldn't be a problem for me. I would love to see more of Europe but would prefer to be with a group. I will see where the next few years take me.:)

I cruised quite a bit in the 80s and 90s then that stopped because of 5 kids in 6 years plus an ex that hated to travel. Fast forward to 2016 and the spouse gets his first CAS certificate. We did NCL Getaway, Epic, and Escape together...had Dawn booked just before Christmas last year but I had to cancel at the last minute so he got to travel solo. Late in June I was looking at Cuba cruises and decided to go; spouse couldn't get the time off work so I went with my oldest son (2 of my kids are still at home but they are 25 & 23). Then earlier this week I was looking at Bermuda cruises for September, again he can't get time off so I'm going solo! I kind of waffled around making the decision but he encouraged it so we'll see....it's been over 20 years since I traveled alone so if it happens again depends on how this trip goes :)

My husband hates cruising; he tried it 3 times then said "no more". I love it so I go solo without any opposition at all; I think he rather enjoys pottering and doing as he pleases when I'm away. We married after both living alone for a number of years and have always had some solo time. I think that's why we're still married after 33 years!

I've done a number of solo cruises over the years, the most recent the Carnival Horizon TA in May and then stayed on the next day for the inaugural cruise to Bermuda. So approximately 3 weeks. Hubby didn't seem to care, he always said go and have fun - he goes fishing with his buds in Arkansas which I want no part of. ha Then we would do a couples vacation.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the solo cruises, but right before I left for the TA I found out he was cheating and now we're in the middle of a messy divorce - he basically ran out on me and I'm left holding the bag for the house, our 2 dogs, all the yard work and 100% of the expenses. I'm just looking forward to getting this all behind me and booking my next cruise.:p

My sympathy [emoji53] what a jerk you’re better with out him...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums