Getaway - Studio Cabin

ILgirl

I posted this on the NCL board as well and have gotten a few helpful responses. Since I am new to solo cruising I thought I would post here as well. I've been on several cruises on Princess and Celebrity, always with my husband who I lost a year ago. I've been reading about NCL and their great program for solo cruisers and the availability of studio cabins as well. The prices seem great, can get a studio on 9/9/18 for under $1,000 with beverage package. Any tips for choosing a studio cabin, e.g. 10 versus 11 deck? There seem to be several available for the choosing. Thanks!

I cannot speak from experience as I have to wait for Oct. for my first studio on the Getaway, but thought I'd share my thoughts. The actual lounge is on deck 10, so there's a convenience aspect to being on deck 10. You're on the same floor as the bar, snacks, coffee maker, etc... no stairs needed if going half asleep for the first cup of coffee or just looking for some late night goodies. On deck 11 there's still some seating and open to the lounge, but you're a floor away from any noise that may be generated by the lounge. I've heard as a general rule the lounge is quiet pretty much all the time. Other than those things, IMHO I'd just pick any room and go.

I've had great fun going solo on the Dawn and have met many wonderful people. What ever room you pick. Have a great time!!

I agree that it is more convenient to be on the same deck as the 'main deck' of the lounge. I would further suggest, try to get as close to the lounge entrance, as well. As a side benefit, those cabins are also more towards midship than the other Studio cabins, and also closer to the stairway and elevators, for easier access to the rest of the ship...

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed in a studio on the public hallway and kids or somebody ran and drug their fingers along the wall. A mild, daily annoyance. With the connecting studios, you'll be able to hear your neighbor's hair dryer and coughing and other loud noises.

On the deck plans, those little white spaces are possibly pipe chases, so stay away from them. The wider ones are probably storage closets. The big one near the area entrance probably has the ice maker which is noisy in morning and evenings as stewards fill their ice chests.

I usually stay on deck 11, but I really can't think of any difference between 10 and 11. Get a cabin in the middle section not one that is on the outside hall way.

The studio lounge is rarely used, though it is a good place to grab pastry in the morning or cookies later in the day.

Yup- learned that one the hard way! I did an inside guarantee on the Pearl and got the room next to the ice maker. I would not have been able to change it but did look at the floor plan afterwards so I could lean for the future. That came in handy with the Studios. Since you can choose your cabin, stay away from any that are right at the door to the lounge and next to a white space (crew area= noisy)

I've been on the Getaway 3 times, and have always had a great vacation.

I have personally always had cabins on an exterior hallway, and I've never had noise issues with that hallway or with my neighbors. Your experience may be different, though. That being said, you don't end up spending lots of time in your cabin anyway.