Ketchikan in May: Best Flightseeing Tour?

CM1984

We are docking in Ketchikan on May 17 this year. I am seeing Flightseeing Tours and wondering if other cruisers have suggestions on their favorite picks, or what is the best bang for the buck...based on your experiences.I know nothing is cheap, and this may be our last cruise to Alaska, so want to see everything we can. I would like to surprise DH with this excursion, do you CCers think that is a good idea? Or I better tell him now?:confused:

I have studied and researched and I'm just not sure, but want to book quickly before they are sold out. Your thoughts my friends?

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone, sorry I did not say that before. We have booked with Island Wings, they are so professional on the phone. I decided I could not commit the $$ without DH being okay with it - we are a team. We are renting vehicles in Juneau and Sitka for our sightseeing. It just seems more logical, and much cheaper than excursions.

I also thought Michele with Island Wings was very good. Even better if you are stopping in Haines or Skagway is a fight over Glacier Bay with Mountain Flying. They are based in Haines but do flights from both places. Much more spectacular scenery than Ketckikan IMHO

• 5 months later...