Little Info on Seattle Port Valet

deladypilot

We just completed our 4th Alaskan cruise on the NCL Pearl. Great trip, beautiful weather and of course amazing views.

This year though the Port of Seattle has a new program and I did not see anyone elses thread so thought I would let everyone know our experience with it

It is called the Port Valet. You sign up with the cruise ship, it costs you nothing. The last night you will get luggage tags for your airline flight, plus your boarding passes delivered to your cabin.

All flights have to leave after 11am and you will be one of the first off the ship. If your airline charges baggage fees, they will be charged to your on board account.

It was so easy to do and very seamless. We set out our luggage before midnight the last night and did not see it again until we arrived in Philadelphia the next night. This would be perfect for someone who has a later flight and wants to explore Seattle before heading to the airport.

Just thought I would pass along our experience so those of you in the planning stages of Alaskan cruises can put it into your thought process

We just completed our 4th Alaskan cruise on the NCL Pearl. Great trip, beautiful weather and of course amazing views.

This year though the Port of Seattle has a new program and I did not see anyone elses thread so thought I would let everyone know our experience with it

It is called the Port Valet. You sign up with the cruise ship, it costs you nothing. The last night you will get luggage tags for your airline flight, plus your boarding passes delivered to your cabin.

All flights have to leave after 11am and you will be one of the first off the ship. If your airline charges baggage fees, they will be charged to your on board account.

It was so easy to do and very seamless. We set out our luggage before midnight the last night and did not see it again until we arrived in Philadelphia the next night. This would be perfect for someone who has a later flight and wants to explore Seattle before heading to the airport.

Just thought I would pass along our experience so those of you in the planning stages of Alaskan cruises can put it into your thought process

The luggage valet was running in july of 2017 when we were on explorer of the seas.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I'm glad you were able to use the service. I was on NCL Pearl in May and unsuccessful. On Monday morning (1st full day on the ship) I was told the form would be delivered to my cabin. I started watching for it in the other items delivered daily. It never arrived. When I asked for the for a 2nd time (front desk) I was told I should have turned it in by 6:00 PM on the previous day (Wednesday). I was never able to find out any other information whatsoever. Nobody seemed to care.

A short way down the board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2604945

And, as Seattle is not in Alaska, there is also a large thread on the West Coast Departures board, where Seattle is regularly covered.

I think this post is totally pertinent to the Alaska forum. The Port Valet service at Seattle is specifically for an Alaskan cruise. By your thinking nobody should mention absolutely anything about getting on or off the ship in Seattle, to or from the airport, etc. I hate being negative but I think you're wrong.

I'm glad you were able to use the service. I was on NCL Pearl in May and unsuccessful. On Monday morning (1st full day on the ship) I was told the form would be delivered to my cabin. I started watching for it in the other items delivered daily. It never arrived. When I asked for the for a 2nd time (front desk) I was told I should have turned it in by 6:00 PM on the previous day (Wednesday). I was never able to find out any other information whatsoever. Nobody seemed to care.
Sorry it didnt work out for you. It was our 4th Alaskan cruise and the 1st time it was offered, it really was convenient

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are in the planning stages and this information is a huge help. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are a few Threads with some more info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2667248

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641407

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2626130

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2651258

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2631556

I thought this service was excellent! With an evening flight, were able to spend a very enjoyable day in Seattle without worrying about our bags.

Happy Sailing!:)

Edited by syesmar
spacing