roundtrip Seattle to Alaska

csk

Just got off the Ruby Princess on that route Saturday. No visa needed. HAve a grea trip! Hope your weathers is as good as ours was.

We will be sailing roundtrip from Seattle to Alaska and stop in Victoria Canada, is a visa required or is a us passport all we need

Thaniks

Correct. I wrongly assumed OP was American, since it shows Daytona Beach a s home location.

Just wanted to be extra clear & specific because you can live in Florida and not necessarily travel on a US passport ;p Also for future readers who might actually use the "search" feature:')

On a separate note, if you are doing any day tourism in Seattle prior to or after your cruise, you may want to look at Seattle CityPASS option. It is good for nine consecutive days, so we used it a day before before and the day we returned. The site shows the locations, but we used it for Chihuly Garden, the Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium, and the Argosy Harbor tour. The individual price would have been much higher, and the pass was easy to use.

We will be sailing roundtrip from Seattle to Alaska and stop in Victoria Canada, is a visa required or is a us passport all we need

Thaniks

Also, residency comes into play. DW is a U.S. citizen, and I am Irish I am a U.S. Permanent Resident, though, so, no visa required for me or her.

The answer depends on what passport you hold. American citizens do not need visas for Canada, but others do....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=416&top=16

My family just came back from Explorer of the Seas RT from Seattle, Aug 10-17. The passport check was the loosest ever. When getting off the ship at each port, we were told by the cruise people to have photo ID along with the ship card, but we were never asked to show the photo ID by the port people, even when going on and off the ship at Victoria.

When returning to Seattle, we didn't have to fill out the blue custom form. The agents didn't stop anybody to check the passport or ask any question. They just stood by the door and asked everybody to hold up the passport open at the photo page, and everybody just walking through at normal speed. (That's for all passports, regardless of the country.)

Thank you all for your posts, yes we are US citizens and hold a us passport. Thank you for the information on the city pass, will definately look into it

:)

When is your sailing? We're from Deland going on the Eurodam on September 15th.

My family just came back from Explorer of the Seas RT from Seattle, Aug 10-17. The passport check was the loosest ever. When getting off the ship at each port, we were told by the cruise people to have photo ID along with the ship card, but we were never asked to show the photo ID by the port people, even when going on and off the ship at Victoria.

When returning to Seattle, we didn't have to fill out the blue custom form. The agents didn't stop anybody to check the passport or ask any question. They just stood by the door and asked everybody to hold up the passport open at the photo page, and everybody just walking through at normal speed. (That's for all passports, regardless of the country.)

We had the same experience on our recent Caribbean cruise...they did say you only needed the blue form if you went over your customs limits, but no clue where to get the form in that case...we did not go over. They just glanced at our Passports and off we went.

We didn't have to show our DL in port either, just a quick glance at our ship's card.

Same here...just off of Carnival legend from Seattle to Alaska.. never a check of any ID on any ports, nor when we debarked in seattle. We had our passport cards out for debark and they barely glanced at them as we walked by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...