Star Legend handicap bathroom pictures?

Tinknock50

Someone must have taken a picture, but sure can't find one online.

What I have been able to glean from my googling today:

the rooms have been "modified" but not originally built to be accessible.

The doors are the standard size, so may be an issue for someone who's truly wheelchair bound and can't stand/move for short distances.

The bed is a "smaller queen" allowing some maneuverability for a wheelchair.

All the furnishings in the sitting area - 2 chairs, sofa, coffee table - are movable so could be rearranged or even removed.

There is a small step at the bathroom door, but a portable ramp is provided.

On our recent itin I confirmed that there is to step or lip to enter the cabin from the hallway.

There is also what is described as a "very small" lip on the shower. It sounds like it isn't a real step so should be ok for semi-mobile people and also to wheel in a chair or walker.

It is just the shower, no tub.

And, what do you know, someone found pics while I was typing this!!! Adding from those pics: it looks like the doors, or at least the one to the bath, have been modified. In regular suites the door to the bath is flush with the wall, the pics show an angled door that looks like it may be wider. The "lip" on the shower seems minimal and there are grab bars everywhere.

• 1 month later...

Not the best ship for a handicap person. Cabins are very large. Not much space between bed and door to bathroom. There is a step into the bathroom and into the shower. The worst is not in the cabin. It is dining in the veranda. Even though there are elevators between most floors, there are about 3-4 steps to get to the veranda dining area. Most breakfasts and lunches are there. Also, no automatic open doors. To board the ship, there are steps. In ports that use a tender, you must walk up and doen 2 steep flights of stairs. The Windsurf is somewhat better than the star ships.

On Star Legend, there is a ramp alternative to the steps for accessing the Verandah. It's probably the same on the other ships.

However, I agree that this wouldn't be a good ship for someone in a wheelchair. There are doorways that have a raised lip.

In three cruises on Star Legend, I haven't seen any wheelchair bound passengers.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app