Dreams of Tahiti detailed Itinerary

davisandydeb

We are booked on Windstar Spirit Dreams of Tahiti October 25th departure.can’t seem to find out when the special event is on Bora, first day or second. Also, understand they have something on the Motu on Moorea. Other than that,when is the deck BBQ held.

Thank you in advance.

Usually, the Bora Bora event is on the second night. You will be tendered to the motu late afternoon (or you can spend the whole day there if you want) for the event. You will be then tendered back to the ship late evening for a wonderful sailaway.

Which I could do this again. . .

Have fun

I am booked on this same cruise. I ya e never been so can’t officially confirm this information is correct. but after combing these boards for information the following is what I think is true.

Oct 25- Arrive on board at 1:30 pm or after. Sail away is 6:00. Some people check in and then go shop or eat in Papeete.

Oct 26- Moorea. I don’t think there is a special event as you are asking. Most people do an excursion or swim off the sports platform.

Oct 27. Raiatea. The boat is actually docked this day so it is best to have an excursion planned. The sports deck will not be open off the back. This is the evening the locals come aboard for entertainment. And it is the night of the deck BBQ.

Oct 28- Tahaa. This is an event on a private motu. Lunch is served on the private motu. A lot of people also do excursions this day and they will have you back in time to enjoy lunch.

Oct 29. Bora Bora. A day for excursions or use sports platform. The lagoon is supposed to be gorgeous.

Oct 30. Bora Bora. This is usually the day of the signature event with a fire show and buffet on the motu.

Nov 1- Huahine- most people book excursions or swim off sports platform.

Nov 2- arrive back to Papeete and disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am booked on this same cruise. I ya e never been so can’t officially confirm this information is correct. but after combing these boards for information the following is what I think is true.

Oct 25- Arrive on board at 1:30 pm or after. Sail away is 6:00. Some people check in and then go shop or eat in Papeete.

Oct 26- Moorea. I don’t think there is a special event as you are asking. Most people do an excursion or swim off the sports platform.

Oct 27. Raiatea. The boat is actually docked this day so it is best to have an excursion planned. The sports deck will not be open off the back. This is the evening the locals come aboard for entertainment. And it is the night of the deck BBQ.

Oct 28- Tahaa. This is an event on a private motu. Lunch is served on the private motu. A lot of people also do excursions this day and they will have you back in time to enjoy lunch.

Oct 29. Bora Bora. A day for excursions or use sports platform. The lagoon is supposed to be gorgeous.

Oct 30. Bora Bora. This is usually the day of the signature event with a fire show and buffet on the motu.

Very useful stuff, thanks. I'd love to hear more advise about which days are the best for just "hanging around". Where does the ship dock/tender close enough to an interesting place that lends itself to just walking around, doing a little shopping, maybe lunch, etc. And which are best for excursions. There's tons of advice in the roll calls, but it's scattered all over many threads.

We generally like a mix, and just over-excursioned ourselves in Japan where we wound up on either a WS or private tour every day. That was too much time on buses and taxis.

From reading these boards (remember I haven’t been), most people say the island of Moorea is amazing. So take a tour that day of the islands. Bora Bora is known for the lagoon. So it is best to take a water excursion that first day to view the water. And Tahaa everyone recommends the drift snorkel.

Huahine and the second Bora Bora day, Papeete first day, would probably be your best relaxing days.

We did this trip on the first WS cruise after a number of years.Fabulous. Moorea we did the excursion with Dr. Poole and the spinner dolphins. Loved it. He is a scientist so the information he shared was great. The Lagoon of Bora Bora is glorious. The island not so, too much tourism. I would stay water side spend the day a on a motu island watching the beauty of the lagoon. However, we did a snorkeling and swimming with skates and sharks that was fabulous. On Huahine we took the tour of the blue eyed eels, the moais ( Tahiti is part of the Polynesian triangle, we saw the moais on Easter Island ) in Tahiti only the bases are left because they were built of straw unlike stone on Easter Island, but still interesting, we went to the fascinating small museum and we climbed the hill of the burial grounds on which the moais resided. Extremely interesting, very intellectual, wonderful and a very different tour. We were so happy we were on a sailing ship the visuals, the subtle blues of the water it was truly magical. Windstar really did this right. Would return in a minute if it was not a 15 + hour plus flight from Boston. Have a great time. Milepig you are correct you do not want to over tour in Tahiti you will want to

absorb the beauty.

Thank you dandee2 and SailingDeanna. Suggestions have been noted. For Bora Bora we are booking the full day snorkelling trip with Lagood Services. We thought in Moorea we would do the Windstar snorkelling and then enjoy sports platform. That is all we have planned so far.

As I stated Dr. Pooles excursion was fabulous and the scenery glorious. I, for one, love science and history and we got the science from Dr. Poole and in Huahine we got the history. Both great. Have a wonderful time.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have researched Dr. Poole’s excursion and love what I see.

As I stated Dr. Pooles excursion was fabulous and the scenery glorious. I, for one, love science and history and we got the science from Dr. Poole and in Huahine we got the history. Both great. Have a wonderful time.

Sadly, we're in Moorea on a Sunday, when he doesn't have excursions. There is, however, a WS excursions with him, so I'm hoping this is pretty much his regular tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Went on this cruise last September. Turns out we're going on it again this September. Enjoyed it so much and the fact we were able to take advantage of it again because of an incredible air fare to AKL with a free stopover in Papette, makes it even sweeter for us.

Sailing Deanna's description is pretty accurate. The Bora Bora BBQ event takes place the second evening in Bora Bora on a private motu. There is no motu on Moorea. You could do a Jet Ski and/or ATV tour on Moorea but the pricing IMO is too high. There are less expensive options in Bora Bora. We may try the Dr. Poole Eco Tour but quite frankly, I can't imagine it being more impressive than cruising with the humpback whales in Cabo and/or Maui.

If anyone went on this tour and booked it independently from the cruise ship, we would appreciate a referral.

In Raiatea we're going to try and do a jet ski/pearl farm/vanilla plantation/coral reef/rum distillery combo excursion. There are two operators (one from close by Taha'a) that seem to offer similar tours. The ship docks next to a bar where you can access the internet for free (with a purchase).

The next day the ship moors in the ocean between Taha'a and a private motu. Last year we opted for the private motu which was relaxed and quite enjoyable. Included a nice sit down lunch. We will do this again because we already went to the pearl farm/vanilla plantation the day before.

The next day you're in Bora Bora. Last year we did the jet ski/ATV combo tour. Didn't care for the ATV portion but the jet skiing portion was memorable. So we're doing it again. You will circle the entire island and jet close to the several motus where you will see the St. Regis, Four Seasons. Intercontinental, Le Meridien and Sofitel private island close up. Pretty cool. Afterwards you can access the internet for free close to where the tender will drop you off.

The next day you're in Bora Bora again. Maybe some shopping and resting doing nothing.

The next day you're in Huahine. There's a "down played" public beach which we found quite enjoyable. So looking forward again. There's a rum distiller on the island within short walking distance of where the tender will drop you off. That's kind of fun. There's an internet cafe which is no more expensive than the restaurant next to the public beach (Yacht Club?) which unbelievably charges patrons to access the internet notwithstanding you are a paying customer.

And the next day you're back to Papette.

Here's a tip. When you first arrive on the ship you can sign up for dinner on the deck one evening (it's called "Candles"). We booked the first night in Bora Bora. Will do so again.

Here's a second tip. The last night on the ship you will be told of a special sale at the ship's store. 25% off on logo wear, etc. So if you're so inclined...

So that's the program. I know you will enjoy it immensely. We sure did!

Hi all,

In Moorea, there is also the "Moorea Activities Centre" that will pick you up at the dock for ATV, Seadoos and whale watch tour. Check their website. We did the 3hr JetSki tour and had a blast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did an excursion every day, but did not feel over-booked. I did tours on Moorea and Huahine. The hiking part of the Huahine tour was more strenuous, as it was humid and involved going up a hill. In both cases, the guides were very knowledgeable and I learned a lot about history, culture, current politics and the economy. On Raitea, i did the trip up the Fa'a River by motorized outrigger, and stop by the motu. That was the least exciting of the ones I booked. You are at the dock at that island, so easier to get on and off the boat. In most of the islands, there is not a lot of there there. I did the drift snorkeling on Tahaa, the Aqua-Safari the first day on Bora-Bora and the swim with sharks and stingrays on the second day on Bora-Bora. They were all different kinds of snorkeling experiences and I enjoyed them all. (I did not experience very good snorkeling except where I went on an excursion to a specific place.) As mentioned, there is a public beach a short walk from the landing point on Huahine, and a Yacht Club restaurant. Must admit that the food was so good on the ship (and I had paid for it) that I never was motivated to go someplace else. My cabinmate made dock-side arrangements for her tour around Bora-Bora, which she enjoyed. Note that while the swim platform is promoted, on some days when you are docked, the current is quite strong and they don't put out the paddleboards and kayaks. That was the case, for instance, our first afternoon in Moorea. They put out floating platforms that you can sun on, but it was challenging, in the current, to get to them. Of course, one can always relax in the sun, and splash in the small pools and read a book. So if you don't want to do excursions, be prepared to chill. It all depends on what you want to do, and what your expectations are. This is not a boat for a gazillion activities--and I liked it that way.

One more comment on my previous response. If you arrive in Papeete late at night, you might consider getting a hotel in the center of town. We could cover what there was to see of interest in Papeete by walking around in the morning, and then just walked over to the ship when it was time to check in. We then used the afternoon to get oriented to the boat, unpack, etc. We had considered doing a Tahiti Island tour on our last day, since we had to get off the boat in the morning and our flight was not until close to midnight, but after considering the logistical issues of storing bags, we opted instead to get a day pass at the Le Meridien, and spent a nice day, chilling on the shore, looking out at Moorea, and relaxing before it was time to get cleaned up and catch our plane.

Has any one used the bikes on board the ship? If so, let me have the details of how to book them and a description of where you biked. By the way, great info being imparted in this thread. Regards Martiny

Why is another couple necessary.? Could you describe the services provided by the charter? Regards Martiny

As per their website the price is 115euro per person, base on 4 person. I imagine the the price would be 230euro if you are only 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums