Can sex offenders take cruises to mexico?

Me and my boyfriend are going on a cruise in December to Mexico and hes a registered sex offender. I was wondering if he would be able to go. I heard that they might get stopped if they're going to Mexico by plane but I want sure if he could go by cruise ship. I also heard that he can go by cruise ship and then i heard he might not be able to. But i want to make sure that he can or cant go so I can change my cruise ahead of time. Could someone please let me know? Thank you.

Unfortunately, if you want real answer you have to be a lot more forthcoming. All conditions of release/parole were explained in full. You are not changing residence but are leaving the state.

This would be a question for the Mexican Consulate/Embassy.

I don't think Mexico bars American felons from entering, since they would have to know the American was a felon to do so. And when I traveled to Cozumel on a cruise ship last year nobody was asking about criminal history.

Sounds like your BF needs legal advice, on this matter. This is a travel and leisure website. You will get lots of opinions and advice here -- but it may not be accurate or helpful, in your situation. My only advice would be that you get the answers that you need, well in advance -- so you don't risk losing cruise fare, airfare, etc. -- if it tuns out that you can't go. Good luck to both of you.

Pick which c cruise line you wish to sail , contact their offiice and inquire from them.

Do noT rely upon a n internet forum and risk arriving at the terminl and BF is not permitted to board t the ship. My guess is he can sail BUT I strress 'guess'.

As someone else stated, I don't think I would rely on info gained here to answer this question. If he is not allowed entrance, I doubt a reference to a CC board would make them change their mind.

If you have already booked this cruise, I highly suggest you look into this immediately. No one here can give you a correct, legal answer. If you get to the pier and he is not permitted to even board, you are out all of your money.

Agree!

Again what's the question? Cruise lines have their conditions, but do not check the manifest with law enforcement. ICE is interested in customs, but criminal might raise a flag for FEDERAL criminal. Never heard of pax getting screened for state warrants.

Again what's the question? Cruise lines have their conditions, but do not check the manifest with law enforcement. ICE is interested in customs, but criminal might raise a flag for FEDERAL criminal. Never heard of pax getting screened for state warrants.

well for one many RSOs must be registered federally/nationally.

two the cruise lines a a general rule do have their own internal requirements and RSOs are typically universally banned, regardless of what ICE or any other TLA says. they do not want the responsibility of allowing someone who is an RSO on board, have them commit a crime on board and then be sued by the victim for letting the person sail in the first place.

now sure, the OPs BF could lie/omit and somehow get on board. but chances are it will be discovered anyway and they could find themselves booted off in some foreign port.. who could conceivably immediately arrest him or even if they do make it all the way to the end, be arrested at disembarkation, which could seriously jeopardize his status

Don't RSOs have to register with any local they live in and the community notified that the offender has moved into your neighborhood?

I would think something similar would come into play if an RSO is on a ship for any amount of time with children or vulnerable adults say for a week or two.

I do not think any ship lines would want the responsibility associated with this, nor would I be comfortable as a parent or grandparent of a potential victim, wondering if that nice person sitting next to that child in the theater or near the pool is safe.

Don't RSOs have to register with any local they live in and the community notified that the offender has moved into your neighborhood?

I would think something similar would come into play if an RSO is on a ship for any amount of time with children or vulnerable adults say for a week or two.

I do not think any ship lines would want the responsibility associated with this, nor would I be comfortable as a parent or grandparent of a potential victim, wondering if that nice person sitting next to that child in the theater or near the pool is safe.

There are people that are RSO that had adult victims.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registering in one's neightbor hood as a sex offender has what to do with cruising to a foreign country?? :confused:

You might find this informative: https://smart.gov/international_tracking.htm

Anyone can access the national registry to name check, including the cruiselines.

Edited by mom says

Canda is a no go so I would imagine Mexico is as well. IIRC no cruise line will permit RSOs on board period.

You may in fact be correct, but one country's laws are not necessarily the same in another country. And certainly they have no bearing on cruise line policy, which as you indicate may be more stringent as there are liability issues to be considered.

As others have said, the cruise lines likely do a background check on all passengers regarding criminal history and customs looks for red flags with passports and ID's on disembarkation.

As others have said, the cruise lines likely do a background check on all passengers regarding criminal history and customs looks for red flags with passports and ID's on disembarkation.

I don't mind if they do a background on me but have I given the cruiseline permission to do it? Is that in the cruisecontract? I'm also wondering what kind of register they have access to for passengers from around the world.

I understand that custom and immigration have access but the cruiselines, really?

As I said I don't mind, I'm just curious.

I don't mind if they do a background on me but have I given the cruiseline permission to do it? Is that in the cruisecontract? I'm also wondering what kind of register they have access to for passengers from around the world.

I understand that custom and immigration have access but the cruiselines, really?

As I said I don't mind, I'm just curious.

To clarify, I am being more speculative than definitive regarding the cruise lines conducting background checks on each individual per se, but it is my understanding from cruise staff input that the manifests are screened via a database of people with legal travel restrictions or red flags that would cause a restriction with boarding or leaving the country.

Maybe others can confirm as I don't want to imply certainty of knowledge that I don't have.

Registering in one's neightbor hood as a sex offender has what to do with cruising to a foreign country?? :confused:

Convicted sex offenders are not allowed within a certain distance of a school or church (where children will be); therefore I would assume they would not be allowed on a cruise ship.

Actually they do. If you do a google search for cruise passenger arrested after cruise you will find a few articles including people that were arrest just as they arrived back on US soil for outstanding warrants in other states.

Carnival also has been known to disallow passengers to board based on their criminal history. There was even a thread here on CC posted some years ago by someone that was denied boarding on a ship because of his history. On cruises to Canada an US Citizen can be denied boarding if they have a DUI on their record.

To the OP, the best advice anyone here can really give you is to contact the cruise line first and then research entry requirements into the countries you would be traveling to