Changing cruise length?

Has anyone had any luck on this situation? We booked a 7 day cruise on carnival for my brothers graduation gift next year in June, however we will now have to change that to a 4 day cruise due to scheduling conflicts. I looked on carnivals FAQ and didn’t find anything to help. Any ideas? This will only be my second time cruising and their first.

Has anyone had any luck on this situation? We booked a 7 day cruise on carnival for my brothers graduation gift next year in June, however we will now have to change that to a 4 day cruise due to scheduling conflicts. I looked on carnivals FAQ and didn’t find anything to help. Any ideas? This will only be my second time cruising and their first.

You can change it. The cost; however, will be dependent on the fare type you booked. You should be prepared for the worst case scenario, which would be if you booked an Early Saver Fare. You will lose $50 per person and the remainder of your deposit will be held as a future cruise credit, which cannot be used as a deposit on another cruise. You will be required to pay the deposit on the 4 day cruise, and then they will apply the future cruise credit to the balance. There have been reports of people getting a highly sympathetic customer service rep or PVP who will simply apply the funds directly to the new cruise as the deposit as long as the cancellation and rebooking are done in the same call.

Good luck!

Are you asking if you can move your current booking from the ship you are on to a ship sailing a four night cruise?

Or if you can sail only four of the seven nights of the first cruise, some combination of boarding late and/or leaving early?

The latter can be extremely difficult to gain approval for, especially for a round trip sailing from a US port. And of course you would have to pay for the entire seven days.

If you are only asking the former, time to call your TA (or Carnival if booked direct) tell them what sailing you wish to change to and see what they can do.