What time to disembark to catch a flight

TEGL

We have cruised a few times in the past but I have always purchased a hotel and flown us out the day after we disembark so we have always taken our time to get off the ship - typically wait a long as we can so we can just walk off and avoid the crowds and lines. This is the first time we will be catching a flight after we get off the ship so I have no idea how early we need to get off.

We will be disembarking at Port Canaveral and catching a flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our flight is at 1235pm. What time should we be getting off the ship to ensure we make it in time for our flight?

We have cruised a few times in the past but I have always purchased a hotel and flown us out the day after we disembark so we have always taken our time to get off the ship - typically wait a long as we can so we can just walk off and avoid the crowds and lines. This is the first time we will be catching a flight after we get off the ship so I have no idea how early we need to get off.

We will be disembarking at Port Canaveral and catching a flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our flight is at 1235pm. What time should we be getting off the ship to ensure we make it in time for our flight?

Did you rally mean Port Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale. It's over a 3 hour drive. Chances of making a 12:35 flight is slim. You will have to check in by 11:15 at the latest. The airport is a zoo.

Mapquest says 3hrs 2 minutes, 195 miles, providing no traffic troubles, plus how are you traveling? Rental Car? Shuttle? got to include wait times and transportation to site, add another hour or 90 minutes for that, At PC, then another same or more at Fll, if you are returning a car and waiting in the security line. Very ambitious schedule.

I cant seem to edit my original post. I meant to say Ft. LAUDERDALE PORT TO Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Its monday morning with no coffee - dont judge : /

There is no need to rush off the ship. The airport is about 10 minutes away. You need to be there by 11:00 and through security by 11:30, so any time off the ship will be fine. Everyone will be off by 1:00 or so anyway.

There is no need to rush off the ship. The airport is about 10 minutes away. You need to be there by 11:00 and through security by 11:30, so any time off the ship will be fine. Everyone will be off by 1:00 or so anyway.

"Everyone will be off by 1:00" . They'll be off by 10:00am at the latest...new passengers will be boarding by usually 11:00am.

The advice which I heard someplace is to not book a flight any earlier than five hours than when your ship is scheduled to dock. So, if your ship is scheduled to dock at 7 AM, you shouldn't book any flight earlier than noon. This will account for the following:

• Late arrival of the ship due to weather or port issues
  • Extended time to clear the ship by immigration
  • Travel time to the airport, including possible delays
  • Time to check-in at the airport

For my upcoming cruise, the ship docks at 7 AM on a Monday morning in Miami. My flight departs at 1:30 PM at FLL, and I already have transportation arranged from the ship to the airport. I should be there with time to spare. It's when you have things on a tight schedule that a fellow named Murphy and his laws shows up.

"Everyone will be off by 1:00" . They'll be off by 10:00am at the latest...new passengers will be boarding by usually 11:00am.

I meant to say 10:00, and just now saw my typo, just as OP did in his original post.

I booked a super hopeful 10am flight. Self debark with the platinum pax, global entry through customs, first taxi we see, and directly to the pre-check line with carry-ons, only.

Make sure that you have an alternative flight booked, that is ambitious, and you have as much of a chance of not making that flight as you do of making it. Global entry is not any help at the cruise terminals since they have done away with custom forms. FLL is a circus even with pre-check on cruise days, and carryons don't speed things up. I wish you luck though.