Cruising in November?

I've never sailed November, but I did mid-late October last year, just as good.

I can't recommend that time enough. The cruises are so cheap, and the weather is fantastic. Hurricanes can be a problem, but I wouldn't worry too much about them. If you make it to the ship, they will take every measure possible to continue the vacation. I just wouldn't get set on specific ports, it could change. The biggest problem IMO is if the embarkation port gets hit hard, delaying flights and canceling embarkation.

What is the consensus on sailing to Bahamas early November? (Nov 1) I realize this is in the midst of hurricane season, but is this generally considered outside of the peak time of hurricanes? I know I could look this up, but I’m after personal experience. We are driving, not flying, FYI. Thanks!!

We have sailed in early November a few times. Our weather has always been very nice.

It looks like you know that hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30. Peak is late August through September.

That said, our weather pattern is wonky for sure this year. Alberto, the first named storm, showed up in May, even before hurricane season officially began.

Here in New Hampshire we had two and a half weeks of below zero wind chills in December, it hit 75 in February, and two weeks ago we had seven days of over 90.

So, who know what "surprises" we'll get for the rest of 2018. We're sailing the week of November 4. I really hope Mom Nature has made up her mind by then.