Bad Experience on Peace Boat (Ocean Dream, call sign 3EWW6)

kohsa

I was on Peace Boat (Ocean Dream, call sign 3EWW6) 98th voyage from 18 May 2018 to 21 Aug 2018 and these are my comments :

1. Toilet in cabins are horrible. Water used to flush the toilet is dirtier than my urine and has a foul smell that extend for the entire voyage.

2. First time, passengers on cruise ship lost weight. Banana served in 3 portions in 3 different bowls.

3. Ship in poor condition. Rust everywhere.

4. 3 days after leaving Iceland (7 July 2018), on board drinking water and tap water all tasted salty. Problem resolved when ship take on fresh water in Halifax on 10 July 2018.

5. Ship failed VIS inspection in New York on 12 July 2018.

6. Ship exhaust threw out burning embers on 18 July 2018. Just 1 hour after leaving Havana.

7. Severe EHS issue. Plumber repaired my choked toilet bowl but with sewage on the floor, he proceeded to exit my cabin with his dirty shoes on leaving smudges on carpet and bacteria all over the ship corridors.

Edited by kohsa
trying to upload attachments

Just read about this ship, all very alternative sounding and a very old ship (1981) so perhaps expected to some degree, but truly not acceptable health wise [emoji15]

Do you mind me asking, was the cruise expensive, compared to mainstream cruises like Princess, HAL etc?

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...