Express Meals

Saildude16

We'll be on a 10 hour overnight flight from ATL to South America in Delta One class. Departure is ~ 9pm. We really don't want to eat heavily, nor do we want the service to take 2 - 3 hours, finishing at midnight. I've noticed some airlines have an "express" meal alternative. However, I haven't found that option with Delta online. In the end I can give them a call, but thought to ask if anyone else has booked an express dinner with Delta?

I have flown on Delta in Delta One from Atlanta to Santiago and Buenos Aires to Atlanta. Both flights left in the late evening. On each flight, when the Flight Attendant gives you the menu soon after boarding, you will see that there is an Express Option for dinner. You may choose that if you wish. I have not made the Express Option choice and I have seen others who chose no dinner meal and promptly retired for the night..

The flight from Buenos Aires was a very early morning arrival. In order to have breakfast, I needed to be awake around 4:15 P. M. and I could see the Orlando area lit up. Breakfast choices were very good, but it was too early to eat and I chose a Continental type breakfast route. The Santiago arrival time was a more reasonable time and I was awake enough that I enjoyed Delta's breakfast service.