Book Excursions via Travel Agents

Many people keep posting that they cannot book excursions on line. I have posted several times in the last few weeks that the only place excursions can be booked is by travel agents, because of a computer problem, irrespective of where or how you originally booked.

Contact your travel agent. Have your booking reference number and know what excursions you want and they will do the rest. Our travel agent did it by telephone. Took all our information and payment and I received a confirmation email with an excursion reference number, which is slightly different to the number you would receive from Shorex. All done very quickly and one happy customer as I was getting a bit concerned as we are off in six weeks time.:D

It's a shame that Marella cannot put something online or notify customers that they are having problems.

Edited by skioncruises
spelling

Contact your travel agent. Have your booking reference number and know what excursions you want and they will do the rest. Our travel agent did it by telephone. Took all our information and payment and I received a confirmation email with an excursion reference number, which is slightly different to the number you would receive from Shorex. All done very quickly and one happy customer as I was getting a bit concerned as we are off in six weeks time.:D

No use for those of us who do not live in the UK sadly.

The number for Shore Excursion Enquiries is 0203 451 2728 or cruiseexcursions@tui.co.uk as per tui contact for customers.

When I phoned Enquiries on 7 September I was told to contact travel agents because they were having "issues" at the web site. TA knew immediately what I was talking about and said they had only just been advised to take bookings.

Perhaps it depends on when your cruise is although I would think that anyone going in the next fews weeks (as we are) should be able to book in advance somewhere.

It could also be that those who are going in the Winter programme (November - March) cannot book yet and Marella are hoping the problem will be rectified soon.

Afraid not, this is the email from them and I have tried to access the booking, I can access the booking for Feb no problem.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email.

As you have booked through a third party agent, unfortunately you will not have access to your booking online as these types of bookings aren't supported.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Nathan

TUI Correspondence Agent

Distribution & Cruise

TUI GROUP

Afraid not, this is the email from them and I have tried to access the booking, I can access the booking for Feb no problem.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email.

As you have booked through a third party agent, unfortunately you will not have access to your booking online as these types of bookings aren't supported.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Nathan

TUI Correspondence Agent

Distribution & Cruise

TUI GROUP

Just to add - we booked through a third party and was able to do the API but could not access anything else. We later upgraded our flights and then we were able to access just the flight part of the site - it did not recognise the fact we had a booking but did get confirmation it existed from our agent. Did you try to access the API via the e-mail you were sent from TUI via your agent as Shelia49 & Vitalsign suggested ?

Yes, it has all the usual links at the bottom re extra legroom seats, extra luggage, api, airport lounge etc but nne of them work.

I’ve emailed TUI back and await their response.

Its strange system, but you have to book seats, luggage etc direct with TUI and not via the site. Once you have done that you should get access to the relavent links to choose seat location as it is they who enable them.