Beds on Star Flyer

broadwater

I stayed in 301 which has a "Raised Double" bed. (300 and 301 are same layout). This means you go up a couple of steps at foot of bed to get in. There is a wall to left and right side of bed so you cannot fall out. These two cabins are half a deck higher than 302 and 303 despite being listed on deck plans as same level as all the other cabins. I found that the cabins towards the aft get a bit hot and slightly fumey due to the rear mounted supplementary diesel engine. I should choose forward. It does move around more at the bow end but if this is a concern you should not be considering Star Clippers in my opinion.

Regards John

Generally speaking on any ship the most stable area is amidships on lower decks and that is the case with any of the Clipper ships (we have been on all three). We usually choose category two amidships. If you go to the web site - starclippers.co.uk - click on to "our Fleet" and then on to "Deck Plan" you will see the cabin layouts with the categories. When booking you can ask for a specific cabin or go more generally and say, for example, "Category two, amidships"

As to bed size, which was the question asked, Cat 2 and 3 are all at least King size. They can be split into 2 normal sized twin beds if you ask. With separate, duvets, large enough for no gaps! Can't comment on Cat 4 or 5 but would think they are similar. Ask the agent!