El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Thanks for the congratulations. I stumbled across the post by Embl in the very early hours of the morning when i really should have been in bed. An immediate deposit wasn’t required so without giving it any real thought at all I just made a booking knowing if i waited until morning I would probably miss out. In the light of day i realised what a bargain it was. We had talked in the past about possibly doing a relocation cruise on Astor and this just couldn’t be passed up. We’re excited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like the Jewel. The bar at the back on deck 10 is a pleasant way to enjoy a sunset drink.

Great thank you. Sounds nice.

Also another question are vacinations required for PNG. I will check with doc, just wondering what other peoples thoughts are.

Also another question are vacinations required for PNG. I will check with doc, just wondering what other peoples thoughts are.

If you eat, drink and sleep onboard, and use insect repellent, then you are almost in no danger at all.

But if you feel the need, some anti-malarials might be the go.

I went on this cruise with the Aria few years ago and didn't take anything and I feel fi........ arrrrgh!

If you eat, drink and sleep onboard, and use insect repellent, then you are almost in no danger at all.

But if you feel the need, some anti-malarials might be the go.

I went on this cruise with the Aria few years ago and didn't take anything and I feel fi........ arrrrgh!

lol.......thanks that is what I was thinking.:D:D:D:D:D

I was reading a travel article the other day that stated that some Travel Insurance policies might not cover you if you didn't have the recommended inoculations and you fell ill.

I was reading a travel article the other day that stated that some Travel Insurance policies might not cover you if you didn't have the recommended inoculations and you fell ill.

Good point. Will check up on that, next year travelling Singapore to Rome thru India and Suez Canal. Thanks

Ship Name:Pacific Aria

Cruise Code:PAA833

Departure Date:Thursday, 13 September 2018

Cruise Name:South Pacific

Nights:8

Departing:Brisbane

BALCONY CABIN $840pp

OCEAN VIEW OBSTRUCTED $640

Not bad for a balcony orocean view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In most cases wouldn't you be home before you became ill? Travel insurance coverage stops as soon as you are home.

It covers you for events that happen while you are away. So long as you can prove you caught it, whatever it was, on your holiday, you are OK.

My understanding is that the minute you are home, coverage stops. Break a leg ? As soon as you are home, coverage stops. I wouldn’t rely on them covering it. I’ve just looked at covermore here is Australia and they cover zero medical expenses in Australia for Australian residents or citizens. Pretty sure they are all the same

I think it may well depend on what the illness is (i.e malaria after coming back from PNG) and if medicare would cover the cost of treatment. They probably would pay for loss of income though. I suggest everyone make sure to read their insurance's PDS and make sure they know what is covered and what isn't.

My understanding is that the minute you are home, coverage stops. Break a leg ? As soon as you are home, coverage stops. I wouldn’t rely on them covering it. I’ve just looked at covermore here is Australia and they cover zero medical expenses in Australia for Australian residents or citizens. Pretty sure they are all the same

Yes, you are correct. I just looked it up and Travel Insurance companies on Australian policies are prohibited by law to pay for medical care in Australia.

I had thought that would they cover out of pocket expenses, but apparently not.