what time do you leave the ship by? Priority perk?

sfs2001

Hi,

Just wanted to try and find out what time you can get off the ship if you have priority de-embarkation? We got an upsell to a suite and I see that one of the perks is priority de-embarkation. We will be leaving in about two weeks from Port Canaveral and afterwards going to Disney World for a few days. We arranged for a private company to pick us up at 10 (that was requested before the upsell) but now we were wondering about changing it to be picked up at 9...so we could get to our hotel in Disney a little earlier. Does anyone know what’s the earliest we could get off since we don’t have a flight that day? Do you pick anytime you like with priority? Do you have to do self assist (cause we can’t do that with 2 kids and luggage) thanks for your help! :)

Last year, we had FTTF, and were walking of the Carnival Glory at 7:15.

We were getting off the Ecstasy this past December, and had a family emergency to get home too. Guest services told us to be at Guest services at 6:30, and we could be off as soon as customs cleared the boat. We were in the car and on the road by 7am.

On a typical, you can be off between 7:30 and 8 with self debarkation.

We are usually off the ship by 8:00 AM at the latest when sailing out of Canaveral when we leave our luggage out the night before.

So if I change the pickup time to 9:00, we should be fine then? I don’t want to feel rushed off the ship, but I also don’t want to waste time either. I really don’t want to do self assist, because it’s too much with our luggage and the kids. Do they assign you a number for exiting or do you pick it if you are priority? Does that mean you get off before self assist or after? Like a zone 1 or something?

Originally posted by PhillyFan33579 We are usually off the ship by 8:00 AM at the latest when sailing out of Canaveral when we leave our luggage out the night before.

So if I change the pickup time to 9:00, we should be fine then? I don’t want to feel rushed off the ship, but I also don’t want to waste time either. I really don’t want to do self assist, because it’s too much with our luggage and the kids. Do they assign you a number for exiting or do you pick it if you are priority? Does that mean you get off before self assist or after? Like a zone 1 or something?

Being off the ship by 8am ... does that mean you are out of/cleared security/border patrol check line by 8am and in a taxi/shuttle by 8am? Don't all ship guests have to go through security/BP again coming off of the cruise ship? I did in Miami coming home from Cuba. VERY long lines.

Hi

You would be fine.

If you don't want to be (feel) rushed, maybe 09:30. Unless you want to get moving as quickly as possible, as you said you don't have a plane to catch.

Think in terms of...they want you out of the cabin by 8- 8:30. What time do you want to wake up at? How long does it take you guys to get ready. Then you want to go for breakfast. (not rushed) How long for that? Make sure everybody has everything together and then leave the ship. This will take some time. Figure on half an hour to go from Lido deck after finishing breakfast to getting off the ship and another half hour to get through customs. This could take much less time, but don't count on it, then you won't feel rushed.

As far a procedure, you will get a zone 1. You are not doing self assist, so you will get off after those people. In fact those people will be getting off the ship very early, as long as there are no delays, as you see from the other posts. Zone one would be the first zone called after self assist. You don't need to leave as soon as your zone is called. You can leave when you are ready. You would only want to be ready to debark as soon as your zone was called if you needed to get off as soon as possible.

hope this helps

Originall

Being off the ship by 8am ... does that mean you are out of/cleared security/border patrol check line by 8am and in a taxi/shuttle by 8am? Don't all ship guests have to go through security/BP again coming off of the cruise ship? I did in Miami coming home from Cuba. VERY long lines.

I mean out of the terminal by 8 AM. At Canaveral (and Miami too the last few times I have sailed from there), the agents have been standing outside the booths, they do a quick check of your passport, and you are on your way.

I haven’t cruised to Cuba yet, so I don’t know if the rules are different for ships returning from there.

I mean out of the terminal by 8 AM. At Canaveral (and Miami too the last few times I have sailed from there), the agents have been standing outside the booths, they do a quick check of your passport, and you are on your way.

I haven’t cruised to Cuba yet, so I don’t know if the rules are different for ships returning from there.

It's no different for cruising to Cuba. Get off the ship, go through customs, grab your luggage, go out the door.

Lots of good advise. Here is a recommendation. As a suite guest you can pick the group time you want to debark with. The longest delay is finding your baggage in a large group of folks getting off at the same time, same group. Pick an early group for your luggage. Then get off when you want and collect your luggage sitting all by itself waiting for you. Once your group is called you can get off at any time after. So get tags for an 8:30 group and get off at 9:30. You should move quickly through luggage pickup and customs. For the future apply for Global Entry when you get home and get a shorter customs line (sometimes).

Have a great cruise.

Thank you very much for all the helpful replies! I don’t know why I have been so stressed about leaving the ships and meeting our driver to go to Disney. I think we will try and see if they can get us at 9:30 and take the advice for having our luggage be raged zone 1 so that we can make it out and find it easier. The last time we cruised, it was so confusing getting off the ship....that I think we accidentally got off at the wrong time. We were like zone 5-6 and felt like we got off with the self assist...even thought people in our group area said they called our boarding zone...anyway, I don’t want a repeat of that. Looking forward to our combined cruise/land vacation in 2 weeks! Hope everyone enjoys their cruises! Thanks again. 😀

Lots of good advise. Here is a recommendation. As a suite guest you can pick the group time you want to debark with. The longest delay is finding your baggage in a large group of folks getting off at the same time, same group. Pick an early group for your luggage. Then get off when you want and collect your luggage sitting all by itself waiting for you. Once your group is called you can get off at any time after. So get tags for an 8:30 group and get off at 9:30. You should move quickly through luggage pickup and customs. For the future apply for Global Entry when you get home and get a shorter customs line (sometimes).

Have a great cruise.

you can use global entry for customs on a cruise???

you can use global entry for customs on a cruise???

Yes but not in all ports yet. You can check in advance for a particular port. My assumption is that it will only be in the busier ports. Port Canaveral has it as well as those listed above. But don't count on it for faster processing. Sometimes they aren't open and other times they feed people from the other lines if there aren't to many Global Entry people. But when it works it is well worth the cost.

Obviously it will depend on what time the ship gets there and when customs get there. I have gotten off as early as 645 when we were supposed to dock at 7. Usually it is pretty close to docking time in my 15 Plat cruises, Not always

I am in zero rush of getting off of the ship unless I have an earlier flight. Why in the world do I want to fight a bunch of crazies? I'd much rather take my time, and enjoy my final breakfast on the deck, recapping how great the vacation was.

Good to know that Global Entry can be used here. I never thought of that.

Shuttles are accustomed to changes in itinerary. I have found them all to be very flexible. They know when the ships arrive so they are usually prepared.

Shuttles are accustomed to changes in itinerary. I have found them all to be very flexible. They know when the ships arrive so they are usually prepared.

Thanks. It’s a private suv that we arranged to pick us up from the pier and take us to our Disney hotel. I will still have to call and change the time because they do ask that we pick a definitive time for them to pick us up. We don’t need to be first off, but we are planning on hitting the Magic Kingdom as soon as we can once we get to Disney. We just want enough time to not feel rushed but also take advantage of the priority de-embarkation as part of our suite perk.

What is global entry?
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. It works at selected airport and cruise ports. You can Google it and get all the information and application process. You have to appear for an in-personal interview and provide barometric data. There is a cost for application and renewal. If you travel by air, international, or cruise a lot it is well worth the cost. It also ties in with TSA Pre-Check.

Hi,

Just wanted to try and find out what time you can get off the ship if you have priority de-embarkation? We got an upsell to a suite and I see that one of the perks is priority de-embarkation. We will be leaving in about two weeks from Port Canaveral and afterwards going to Disney World for a few days. We arranged for a private company to pick us up at 10 (that was requested before the upsell) but now we were wondering about changing it to be picked up at 9...so we could get to our hotel in Disney a little earlier. Does anyone know what’s the earliest we could get off since we don’t have a flight that day? Do you pick anytime you like with priority? Do you have to do self assist (cause we can’t do that with 2 kids and luggage) thanks for your help! :)

Just yesterday....Breeze...self-assist. Deck 10 was called at 7:40. That is when we left our cabins. We were in the car driving by 8:00. No FTTF, priority status or suite involved. Amazing! But what helped we were able and willing to carry our big bags down seven flights of stairs. Most won't or cannot. Herds of people with luggage waiting at the elevators on each floor. Might still be there.....

Unless one has a pressing appointment or a very long drive home on debarkation day, I have never understood the rush to get off the ship. The past few cruises we have enjoyed a relaxed morning, enjoying the quiet upper deck, and getting off as LATE as possible. No long lines at customs and luggage is very easy to find.

Hi,

In Miami, we were leaving the Vista, we're Platinum, did self assist off the ship, took a taxi to our car at a hotel we previously stayed at, and we were on the road home by 7:50 am!:D