My Glory cruise 4/7/2018-4/14/2018

How was the temperature in your cabin? Another recent Glory review said theirs was warm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aahhh, yes. My cabin. I had 1456 for the third time. I like being all the way aft and rather enjoy the vibration and constant noise. These cabins are not for those that need it quiet to sleep or who get motion sickness easily as you feel a lot of movement when the ship is going at a good speed.

Back to the temp. I get cold rather easily and it takes me a lot to say I am warm. However, this cruise I was roasting. I would turn the AC down at night and go to bed almost shivering even in my flannel PJs. Yes you read that right. No, I don’t care that I’m in the middle of the Caribbean. I like the air a little crisp when I sleep. Well every single night about 3am or so I would wake up sweating. It’s like they turned all the AC off. Everyone in my group no matter where their cabins were or what type they had experienced the exact same thing. It was the worst sleep I had on a cruise yet. Don’t know what they did to the air, but there was definitely something not right.

Back to the temp. I get cold rather easily and it takes me a lot to say I am warm. However, this cruise I was roasting. I would turn the AC down at night and go to bed almost shivering even in my flannel PJs. Yes you read that right. No, I don’t care that I’m in the middle of the Caribbean. I like the air a little crisp when I sleep. Well every single night about 3am or so I would wake up sweating. It’s like they turned all the AC off. Everyone in my group no matter where their cabins were or what type they had experienced the exact same thing. It was the worst sleep I had on a cruise yet. Don’t know what they did to the air, but there was definitely something not right.
This sucks. I can't sleep when I'm hot. Sounds like, even when cooled down quite a bit, it heats up pretty fast.

Others have been saying Glory was warm all over the place, not just cabins. Theater, MDR, etc. Would you agree?

How was the temperature in your cabin? Another recent Glory review said theirs was warm
Don't forget your portable fan. Or one from Guest Services if you can there soon enough. I think I might try to get one as soon as we get on.

Does anyone know the size of the fans that GS loans out? Box fans, desktop?

This sucks. I can't sleep when I'm hot. Sounds like, even when cooled down quite a bit, it heats up pretty fast.

Others have been saying Glory was warm all over the place, not just cabins. Theater, MDR, etc. Would you agree?

Don't forget your portable fan. Or one from Guest Services if you can there soon enough. I think I might try to get one as soon as we get on.

Does anyone know the size of the fans that GS loans out? Box fans, desktop?

I didn’t need a sweater this time around the ship so I think it may have been a little warmer than usual, but not hot or stuffy by any means. It was a welcome change actually as most times I’m shivering. I don’t have “extra padding” to keep me insulated 🤣. I also noticed that the volume of the music wasn’t nearly as loud throughout like last time, either. Thank goodness. It was truly over the top in October.

No help on the fans, sorry.

Enjoying your review. Brings back great memories of last October being with you at Little French Key and Mr Sanchos. Will be back on the Glory in September!

Which week in September? I'll be on the week of the 22nd.

Nice review, thanks for doing it. We usually agree on most things, the value of the steakhouse is not one of them. Enjoyed reading your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know. I REALLY wanted to have the fantastic experience so many people rave about but unfortunately all three times it was extremely underwhelming. I’m not sure why as I don’t have high expectations by any means. Honestly the regular MDR service we received on Celebrity blows the Steakhouse out of the water. Oh well. I gave it a fair shot I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a while back someone was asking for proof that you could bring guests with you for Priority tendering if you are Diamond or Platinum, and I finally found it in writing. This is the free drink coupon for Platinums. They really should put this as a perk on the website.

OK I’ll go ahead and say it - if you are D/P and they want you to bring someone else with you (spouse or not) to the party, then they should put it in writing just like they do here. So it is of my opinion that the party is ONLY for those listed on the invitation. I’m not going to get into this touchy subject further on here, but I’m offering my take and why I feel the way I do. They don’t offer a free drink coupon to your spouse, either so..... if it’s not in writing, then it’s not the policy as far as I’m concerned.

0004abc4829630df16cb3e01bdf854bc.jpg

Which week in September? I'll be on the week of the 22nd.

Hey Coolcruiser was just reading your post, that you will be on the Carnival Glory September 22....I am on the same sailing as you also...getting so excited....i really need a vacation.....Never have been on the Carnival Glory....so this should be exciting....

Hope to see you onboard.....

Cathy

• 3 months later...