If I had the time and the money...

cruzincat50

I was looking at Carnival 14+ day cruises coming in the next couple years and I found something interesting.

September 29,2019 the Miracle leaves Tampa to go through the Panama Canal and arrives in LA on October 12. Also, on October 12, the Legend leaves LA for a trip through the Panama Canal and arrives in Tampa on October 27. That would be so cool if we could do those B2B and just get a RT airfare into Tampa. The only problem is they stop at many of the same ports along the way on both cruises. If they could eliminate the redundancy of the ports, they would probably get a lot more people jumping on the B2B aspect.

Has anybody made plans to do these two cruises?

I have not done it but would love to do this. I live 45 minutes from Tampa so that is a Bonus. Now all I need is more time off and more money. (Story of my life! LOL!)

I could have never taken enough time off when I was working. Now that am retired, I can’t afford it!

I could have never taken enough time off when I was working. Now that am retired, I can’t afford it!

Yep when working you have the money and not the time; being retired you have the time and not the money. Life is funny that way

Miracle in 2020 out of San Diego. Week long Mexican Riviera, then 15 day Hawaii, then Panama Canal Full Transit

Haven’t looked at the ports but MR and PC would probably only repeat one port.

Miracle in 2020 out of San Diego. Week long Mexican Riviera, then 15 day Hawaii, then Panama Canal Full Transit

That's a good one if you live near the beginning or the end, but if you have to fly at both ends it's not cost effective. A round trip from somewhere on the East Coast to Tampa is probably cheaper than flying from Tampa to Cali one way.

I'm looking at something similar and hoping they offer this same itenary in 2022. But when I get to Florida after the Panama canal transit adding another week for whatever route the ship is taking in the Carribean. B2B2B2B. My retirement gift to me!

The only problem is they stop at many of the same ports along the way on both cruises. If they could eliminate the redundancy of the ports, they would probably get a lot more people jumping on the B2B aspect.

You could always do something different at those ports that you visit twice. You're never there long enough to do more than one excursion anyway.

As a side note, there is another posting on here about what to call two cruises but on different ships. I googled it and the correct term is back to back, not side to side. It doesn't matter if it's on two different ships as long as the two are without a gap in time.

People ask me why I'm not retired. When I retire, I want to be able to take longer cruises or more frequent cruises or both. This takes money! :') Yes, it's a constant balancing act - time vs. money.

Roz

Princess will become our line of choice for these longer cruises for the exact reasons this isn’t exciting in the S2S. There are so many great options. And if you are interested in the Panama Canal you really need to do your research about which set of locks you want to travel etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Time versus money....the story of my life. I would like to do both, even if they stopped at the same ports coming and going. You're not in port long enough to see or do everything.

I haven't seen anything past April 2020, though, on Carnival. I'm anxious to start researching for my Fall 2020 cruise...

THIS would be sooo awesome! Love the Miracle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

I'm on the Feb. 1, 2020 San Diego to Miami full canal transit on the Miracle. Love the Miracle and the Spirit class ships in general. We don't know where the Miracle goes after Miami. She disappears from the schedule.

Roz

I'm on the Feb. 1, 2020 San Diego to Miami full canal transit on the Miracle. Love the Miracle and the Spirit class ships in general. We don't know where the Miracle goes after Miami. She disappears from the schedule.

Roz

The Pride is also not on the schedule. Also a Spirit Class ship. The Pride sails out of Baltimore, which is limited in what ships can get under the bridges on the Chesapeake Bay. It would be nice to have them swap ships to give us frequent Pride passengers a chance for something different.

on the bucket list,around the tip of south america,thru the panama canal,back to fort lauderdale,fl.

got the time,not enough money at this time.

Definitely looks to be quite the itinerary... we're booked around the horn with the added adventure of Antarctica for early 2020. We've done the Panama Canal on a previous cruise though.