FTTF Success!

todurkin

I sail on the Pride in February 2019, and been stalking the Carnival site cause the FTTF has been sold out since I booked last month. Logged on this AM, and boom, was able to snag one! Just logged on again, and saw they are back to being sold out...For those still looking to get it for a future cruise, perseverance wins the day!

I know for some, the price increase makes it not worth it...But, for me, living in Bmore, love knowing I can get on the ship ASAP (fingers crossed it's return is on time) and be able to drop stuff off in the room. Don't care if it's 20 degrees when we board, as soon as I step on the ship, I'm on island time, and the sooner the better :cool::cool::cool:...and having priority tendering in Princess Cay is a huge plus!

Happy sailing everyone!

I'm sure this is a dumb question...we got FTTF for our cruise...what do we do after we board? Last time we finally found a table somewhere and just sorta sat there. (we didn't have FTTF on that one).

With FTTF, you can head straight to your room to drop off the any carry-on stuff you have as your room is ready when you board (instead of waiting till 130-2pm). At that point, free to explore the ship! I know some take advantage of the priority line at guest serves to line up excursions and things like that...Also, your bags should arrive sooner, so can unpack before muster drill.

For me, it'll be about dropping off my carry-on stuff, going for lunch at BlueIguana, and then getting a cocktail and exploring my home for the next week!

I was able to snag FTTF 2 months ago for my December 2018 cruise. I stalked the website every day until it opened up. I will never sail without it!!!

Nice! I agree, don't think I'll ever sail without it again. It's like having a balcony room...Booked one 4 cruises ago, and now can't sail without it!

We always got it before turning platinum, it's a big help! Stateroom's ready, luggage arrives earlier, priority boarding + debarkation, worth every cent. Congrats!

Thanks! Definitely the perks make it worth it!

With FTTF, you can head straight to your room to drop off the any carry-on stuff you have as your room is ready when you board (instead of waiting till 130-2pm). At that point, free to explore the ship! I know some take advantage of the priority line at guest serves to line up excursions and things like that...Also, your bags should arrive sooner, so can unpack before muster drill.

For me, it'll be about dropping off my carry-on stuff, going for lunch at BlueIguana, and then getting a cocktail and exploring my home for the next week!

Thank you! This is only our 2nd cruise so we are still learning. But I was lucky enough to get the FTTF and a Villa in HMC. Starting to get excited!

Since FTTF 1st came out, we have booked it every cruise. It is really nice not to have to drag your carry on stuff around with you until the cabins open at 1:30 or 2:00. We meet our cabin steward and head up to lunch. Being one of the 1st ones on board, there is not the line for lunch that there is latter. We also like to get unpacked as soon as our luggage arrives. If you are tendering in to any of your ports you don't have to wait to get on a tender, you will be put on the next available. We have also used the special line at the services desk to ask questions or if we need anything. We also do self assist debarkation too so that we are on our way to the airport and home as soon as possible. We would hate to go back to not having FTTF, although after my next cruise in February I should be platinum. Woo Hoo!!

I sail on the Pride in February 2019, and been stalking the Carnival site cause the FTTF has been sold out since I booked last month. Logged on this AM, and boom, was able to snag one! Just logged on again, and saw they are back to being sold out...For those still looking to get it for a future cruise, perseverance wins the day!

I know for some, the price increase makes it not worth it...But, for me, living in Bmore, love knowing I can get on the ship ASAP (fingers crossed it's return is on time) and be able to drop stuff off in the room. Don't care if it's 20 degrees when we board, as soon as I step on the ship, I'm on island time, and the sooner the better :cool::cool::cool:...and having priority tendering in Princess Cay is a huge plus!

Happy sailing everyone!

A waste of $90.

A waste of $90.

Not if you hate standing in lines or if you want immediate access to your room to drop off your carry-on stuff or if you want the priority tendering.

If FTTF is not worth the money to you personally, it still may be worth it to others.

I have a cruise in Nov 2019 and they don't show it yet. How far in advance do they open it? I've not done it before but this is a short cruise and we'll fly in the night before so I want to make every second count!

For those of you who stalk the website 20 times a day everyday for months to finally get the privilege of shelling out $90, have you ever compared the time that you spent trying to get this with the actual amount of time you saved on board?

Happy sailing everyone!

Good for you. I always said I wouldn't book FTTF but we were working on a cruise out of San Juan and flight times were really early or very late. It's a long day to fly for us to get home so we were opting for really early. Getting off the ship fast is not always easy even with self debarkation. We were looking at FTTF. Never say never. :D

For those of you who stalk the website 20 times a day everyday for months to finally get the privilege of shelling out $90, have you ever compared the time that you spent trying to get this with the actual amount of time you saved on board?

I am retired and I can't afford to live on a Cruiseship, but I can afford to make the few cruises I do go on a little more enjoyable.

I found it for my October 2019 Paradise cruise as soon as I booked the cruise through my TA. I've urged my friends cruising with me to take advantage of this pronto, before it sells out! Yes, it's worth the $70 per cabin for us!

We get FTTF every cruise and enjoy boarding early, taking our wine and carryon to our cabin immediately, and being able to find a table on Lido for lunch before luggage arrives.

I have purchased it for next February cruise already, too. After that one, we will finally be platinum!

But, boy, this has been nice value for the $$

Not if you hate standing in lines or if you want immediate access to your room to drop off your carry-on stuff or if you want the priority tendering.

If FTTF is not worth the money to you personally, it still may be worth it to others.

I always hear about how FTTF eliminates lines. How does FTTF eliminate lines? Are you talking about expediting the already quick check in process and guest services line? Paying extra to be the first person off of the ship? Priority tendering can be nice. Too bad it doesn't work coming back. This is all minuscule compared to the actual lines you will be in on the trip. What they really should do is charge at least double, and include priority access to punchliner, buffet, getting off/on at ports, reserved pool seating, etc. That would be a fantastic option for "those who hate waiting in lines".

To me, FTTF is an early access to the ship more than anything else. If any one benefit was eliminated, that one would hurt the most. I can understand why some love it. For me, an extra 2 hours on board is not worth $90.

Exactly. I swore I would never buy it but I would consider it under special circumstances. Never say never. Viva la difference...

I booked it for my up coming cruise too. I like the idea of having my room ready earlier even thought I have seen people just opening up the fire doors their selfs and going into their cabins and not being told to leave.

I've never purchased, but finally caved for our upcoming May 2019 cruise. Our last cruise we spent WAY too much time waiting in lines at the service desk, waiting in hot, sweaty stairwells to board a tender, and lugged around our allowable soda and wine and carry-ons until our room was ready two hours after we boarded. Hopefully, we are going to pleased with FTTF for the money we spent on it.