Interior Cabin and Sleep?

cruiser20145

We had originally planned on booking an interior W/ Obstructed view, but took too long to decide. Now, all we have available are Interiors and OV's (which I don't want to book, just something unsettling to me being that low) in my price range. I know that some people swear they sleep better, but I don't want to sleep my vacation away. Should I book the interior or look for a different cruise?

1 and 2 are my favorite decks and I love insides. You won't sleep the day away, but you will sleep super good with no light poking through the curtains as the ship rocks back and forth. Bring a battery powered alarm clock so you can easily see the time without having to reach for your phone in the dark and set the alarm if you're worried. Inside cabins are also awesome for afternoon naps!

We love interior rooms. We do sleep better it doesn't mean we sleep the day away. It just means that its dark and quiet on the bottom deck. We always joke that if we were on the Titanic we would not have made it. We book the cheapest room. We love to travel and staying interior saves a fortune.

We had an inside one time and yes, we slept longer than we planned to.

A tip I read on cc is to turn the tv on the bridge cam and turn the volume down and you will get the natural sunrise/daylight in the morning to help with oversleeping.

What is an Interior with an Obstructed View? Interiors don't have windows or views.

Just make sure you schedule a wake up call at whatever time you want. I have had the BEST sleep in an interior. And you don't have to be on Deck 1 or 2 for an interior. I have had upper levels with interior cabins. I love them.

What is an Interior with an Obstructed View? Interiors don't have windows or views.

Carnival considers rooms with portholes, French doors or floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the lifeboats (on Spirit class), and most obstructed views (e.g., rooms on Dream class with a window overlooking the walkway in the front of the ship) to be Interior rooms so that passengers can't complain they didn't get an unobstructed, full-window view in an Oceanview stateroom.

I had an interior room my last cruise. I was worried about feeling closed in, but the cabin was large enough and well laid out and I had no problems. It was quiet and I loved it. If I had a view room, I'd see the same view I can get from the open decks.

Personally, we always get interior, because we sleep better. We prefer loungers, instead of chair. Which would mean an even more expensive balcony, like an extended or vista wrap aft. So we usually find an area that we like to hang out on the ship. Yea it's not as convenient or private, but we usually like to take a dip in the hot tub occasionally. So for us, it works better and leaves money to spend on other things we like (excursions, spa stuff, etc).

Maybe one day we'll be flush enough with money to get those really nice rooms, that some of the reviewers on here rave about. But for now we are content enough with only being in the room for sleep and getting ready and the rest of the time out and about.

I have been getting JS and balconies the past years but I used to use the interiors and there is nothing wrong with it. If your afraid of sleeping later, just bring an alarm with you or get the wake up call....plus, interior rooms tend to be cooler too!

I also love the interiors for the great sleep and the lower cost. If you are an elevator user, deck 1 and 2 have an advantage that you will almost always be able to enter an empty elevator from those decks. It was very, very helpful when I traveled with a relative that could not do stairs. When we left our cabin on deck 1, she was always able to enter an empty elevator. I used the stairs and met her on an agreed upon deck. I hope you enjoy which ever cruise you select.

I love an inside cabin because it's usually cooler and I sleep better. I leave the tv on the channel with the forward ship view all night and it puts some light in the cabin as the sun rises, I mute it so not to bother anyone. Also I find staying on Empress is sort of in the middle to all the floors I use the most such as lido, dining room and theater. Have a great cruise! :cool:

I think I found my solution! I’m booking the Breeze, lido interior that is second from the “secret deck.” Anyone have experience with this type of location?

The issues I have with cabins that far forward are if seas are rough and you’re prone to seasickness you will feel more motion. But more important to me is that the doors to the outside can slam violently when the ship is underway every time someone goes in and out due to the wind. I refused a cabin that was 3 away from one of those doors on deck 7 on a Conquest Class ship for that very reason.

While there might not be many people utilizing the “secret deck”, it would be my luck there would be and any sudden loud noise like that startles me awake and I can’t get back to sleep.

We always book interior rooms, and since we always wake before the sun rises, it makes no difference to us that the room is dark. After years of working and rising at 4:30am, I have an internal alarm that goes off. I usually get up, get dressed, and go get the hubby and me some coffee. I bring it back to cabin for him. I know I could order room service, but I prefer to be up and walking around. If you are worried about no sunlight, turn your TV on before going to bed at night and set it to the Bridge channel. It will be dark. But as the sun rises, the light will brighten your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The issues I have with cabins that far forward are if seas are rough and you’re prone to seasickness you will feel more motion. But more important to me is that the doors to the outside can slam violently when the ship is underway every time someone goes in and out due to the wind. I refused a cabin that was 3 away from one of those doors on deck 7 on a Conquest Class ship for that very reason.

While there might not be many people utilizing the “secret deck”, it would be my luck there would be and any sudden loud noise like that startles me awake and I can’t get back to sleep.

I didn’t think about the rocking. Is lido really worth it since it’s so far forward? What’s the furthest forward you would book? I’m not too concerned about doors slamming at night, we can sleep through pretty much anything.

We always book interior rooms, and since we always wake before the sun rises, it makes no difference to us that the room is dark. After years of working and rising at 4:30am, I have an internal alarm that goes off. I usually get up, get dressed, and go get the hubby and me some coffee. I bring it back to cabin for him. I know I could order room service, but I prefer to be up and walking around. If you are worried about no sunlight, turn your TV on before going to bed at night and set it to the Bridge channel. It will be dark. But as the sun rises, the light will brighten your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a similar internal clock. Something that seems super relaxing (and almost creepy) to me is walking around the ship very early in the morning while no one is awake.

I didn’t think about the rocking. Is lido really worth it since it’s so far forward? What’s the furthest forward you would book? I’m not too concerned about doors slamming at night, we can sleep through pretty much anything.

I haven't been on a Dream Class, but on Conquest Class Lido can be tricky. Too far forward and you can have motion if that bothers you. Too far back by the Atrium, and you can hear the band playing in your cabin until midnight or so. I've done both and motion doesn't bother me, but noise does. Personally I try and book a cabin that's away from the atrium and between cabins both above and below. The lower decks are super quiet and great for minimal motion especially if you're midship. I love decks 1 and 2 due to not having balconies across from me that can make my AC go out if they keep their balcony door open. It also seems like people aren't in and out of their cabins as often so it makes for a quieter deck in general.

We had originally planned on booking an interior W/ Obstructed view, but took too long to decide. Now, all we have available are Interiors and OV's (which I don't want to book, just something unsettling to me being that low) in my price range. I know that some people swear they sleep better, but I don't want to sleep my vacation away. Should I book the interior or look for a different cruise?
Both trips to Hawaii, we chose an interior room on deck 8, aft. (Miracle, room# 8260, both times!)

We had just gentle rocking, (think...cradle), and had a battery powered alarm clock, and no worries!

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app