Electrical Outlet Adapters

Was going through my adapters for upcoming Australia trip and according to my kit, I have an adapter for Australia where the flat prongs are angled ...like a V.

But when I see adapters for Australia online, they have the two prongs forming a V plus a vertical prong above the V.

The ones I have don't have the vertical plug. Do I need to buy different adapters?

And, yes, my electrical items are all dual voltage so I know I don't need a converter.

"'The vertical prong"' is the earth and not need as most things are double insulated now a days.

and enjoy your travels in the land down under.

Cheers Don

In the US we have something similar called a grounded plug. Very few items use it

Can't wait for my trip :D

Happy cruising [emoji3] We're doing a Panama cruise next month so was also checking our adaptors to see what we needed for the trip and have concluded we need the two vertical straight pins, plus dual voltage of course.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly.

We've done the canal twice and loved it. If you have time, try to read Path Between the Seas before you go. Excellent history of the canal and really helped me appreciate it.

(Assume you are going through the old locks?)