Kids club

mgmigs

this age group also gets a pager or a cell phone in case of emergencies. But they do change diapers and keep the older kids moving within the activiities. Activities are scheduled at 30 minute increments

Also camp is not opened all day

Opens at 10 closes at 1

Opens at 2 and closes at 5

Opens at 7 and becomes paid at 10- do not be late

We are taking our 3 year old boy on the Magic in a few weeks. He goes to daycare/preschool and loves teachers and playing with other kids. What kind of activities to they have for that age group?

Following! Our little guy is 3 as well.

• 1 month later...

We will have four generations on Elation in Feb 2020. The youngest will be five. I've never taken anyone younger than 12 on previous cruises, so I really don't know what to expect with the Kid"s Club. Can our five year old pop in and out for activities? I understand we have to check him in and out - that's not what I'm asking. If only one or two activities appeal to my grandson can he just participate in those and nothing else?

Will activities be listed for the entire cruise or will we only know day by day?

am I reading this wrong or do they group 2 year olds with 5 year olds in the kids club?

I agree that this is not ideal. I'm sure since the age for the kids club starts at 2, they can't have a group dedicated to just a few kids who are 2 and 3. But there is a huge difference in intrests and activities between a 2 year old and a 4 or 5 year old. My son is 5, and will probably not want to go to the kids club with the activities they have, while His 6 year old nephew gets to be in the older group with Playstations. He would much rather I'm sure be in with the older group of kids.

We will have four generations on Elation in Feb 2020. The youngest will be five. I've never taken anyone younger than 12 on previous cruises, so I really don't know what to expect with the Kid"s Club. Can our five year old pop in and out for activities? I understand we have to check him in and out - that's not what I'm asking. If only one or two activities appeal to my grandson can he just participate in those and nothing else?

Will activities be listed for the entire cruise or will we only know day by day?

Once you go sign them in when you get in the boat, they’ll give you an itinerary of what’s going on when for the entire cruise. You can sign him in and out as you want. I’ve found though that even if it’s something my dad aughter isn’t crazy interested in, she’d rather stay in kids club than with us unless she wants to swim/water slide.

If he doesn't want to eat with us for dinner, what do they do with the kids in his age group if he goes to camp?

Honestly, he has a long way to go before I will take him to the MDR for dinner. Right now at 4, he is noisy and has a loud voice. No way would I subject other people to that. We need to start working on his social skills - lol. He's a really nice, happy kid but likes to let everyone know how happy he is.

If he doesn't want to eat with us for dinner, what do they do with the kids in his age group if he goes to camp?

Honestly, he has a long way to go before I will take him to the MDR for dinner. Right now at 4, he is noisy and has a loud voice. No way would I subject other people to that. We need to start working on his social skills - lol. He's a really nice, happy kid but likes to let everyone know how happy he is.

You can go to the Lido deck at 6 and they will feed the kids then bring them back to the club when they are done. You can enjoy your meal in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can check the kids in and out anytime during the open times of the club. On our recent Sunshine cruise, the 2-5 year old kids made crafts, watched movies, sang and danced, and played outside on the playground when the weather permitted. Sometimes they also had freeplay, where they just played with whatever toys they wanted in the camp.

Today is his 4th birthday - so we have almost a year and a half to get him ready for this cruise. Plenty of time to start practicing how to have nice manners in a restaurant. (So far it's pretty much been fast food places with him.)

Sounds like he'll have fun in the kid's club, although he will be at the very edge of the age limit with this group. Hopefully, other 5 year olds will also be on the cruise.

We started cruising when my kids were 2, 5 and 7. They keep them busy with age appropriate activities. My kids would choose when they wanted to go, based on what the activities were. My kids are now 18, 21 and 22 and they miss the kids club! They've been on 13 cruises and they made many friends on the ships, and now keep in touch with many of them.

I agree that this is not ideal. I'm sure since the age for the kids club starts at 2, they can't have a group dedicated to just a few kids who are 2 and 3. But there is a huge difference in intrests and activities between a 2 year old and a 4 or 5 year old. My son is 5, and will probably not want to go to the kids club with the activities they have, while His 6 year old nephew gets to be in the older group with Playstations. He would much rather I'm sure be in with the older group of kids.

Depending on the numbers, some have reported success moving a kid close in age (say a late 5) up with the next group, so there is a chance he could move up with his cousin in the. 6-8 group. Also, depending on the ship, the rooms are often open to one another and having free time together.

Don’t discount the kids club just because of age groups - other lines put much larger age ranges together - Carnival is broken out more than most with 5 different groups. My youngest started at 2 and has gone every year - now 14 - and never had an issue. Nor did his older brother who started at 8 and is now 20, and missing it! My youngest is mature and big for his age - 90% in height and has been able to adapt. It’s good for kids to learn to work and play with those both older and younger.

the MDR is an awesome learning tool. I was quite surprised with our 2 5 year olds. They sat and ate the entire time/ Having traditional dining helped that the waiters got to know the kids- had fruit and juice as soon as they sat. Served in a timely manner. We were out by 7:15 each night-- then we went to the family comedy show.

Camp closes at 5pm. you can take him to the lido buffet at 5:45 for dinner which they are feed and taken back to camp

(its included in the fare

Today is his 4th birthday - so we have almost a year and a half to get him ready for this cruise. Plenty of time to start practicing how to have nice manners in a restaurant. (So far it's pretty much been fast food places with him.)

Sounds like he'll have fun in the kid's club, although he will be at the very edge of the age limit with this group. Hopefully, other 5 year olds will also be on the cruise.

My pals have had success teaching table manners by introducing one per week at the home dinner table. For example, week 1 may be something like quiet voices. Sit with him/her at the table while they eat and make sure they speak at an appropriate level. Week 2 could be something like no playing with the silverware. The difficult part is making sure mom, dad, siblings sit and are engaged just as they would be in a dining room. No television, computer, etc.

I have also seen parents on ships bring books, small puzzle books (think word find), or coloring stuff that is quiet for the dinner table.

I appreciate you being aware and not wanting to "subject" other diners to his excitement :) There were children (10-15) at a table near ours in June. While it didn't cause me upset. I kept being distracted by the constant up and out of their seat, running around the table, one kid was standing in his chair. Again, I wasn't upset just distracted.

My son took his first cruise at 2 1/2 and he really enjoyed the kids camp. there are several carnival employees, so they were able to entertain the 2 -3 year olds just fine while the 5 year olds did more advanced activities with other employess. on our next cruise, my son will be 5 and my daughter will be 2, so they will be together but I suspect it will be similar in that they have plenty of activities to span the age group and keep everyone happy.

If camp opens at 7, I guess early dining is out of the question then?

Not sure what you mean. We always did early dining with our kids in the MDR. Waiter had milk and fruit ready when we arrived. They are main course during our appetizers and dessert during our entree. Then one parent walked them to camp at 7 while the other orders dessert and coffee. The rest of the evening til 10 pm was child-free!

If you want to send them to camp dinner that is at 6 on the Lido. Just sign them in and after they eat the counselors will take them to camp and you can have an adult dinner.

We would never do late dining - even to this day because our sons are 14 and 20 and want to see shows and spend time with friends come 730/8 pm. We have moved to YTD because it does allow for a little more flexibility if we are ashore late, have an afternoon snack etc.

Not sure what you mean. We always did early dining with our kids in the MDR. Waiter had milk and fruit ready when we arrived. They are main course during our appetizers and dessert during our entree. Then one parent walked them to camp at 7 while the other orders dessert and coffee. The rest of the evening til 10 pm was child-free!

If you want to send them to camp dinner that is at 6 on the Lido. Just sign them in and after they eat the counselors will take them to camp and you can have an adult dinner.

We would never do late dining - even to this day because our sons are 14 and 20 and want to see shows and spend time with friends come 730/8 pm. We have moved to YTD because it does allow for a little more flexibility if we are ashore late, have an afternoon snack etc.

This was very helpful - thank you! I didn’t understand the part that you can take them to the lido for dinner.