Carnival Dining Questions

krakatoakt

I'm sailing to Nassau/Freeport in Sept. on the Liberty. I was looking at 2 websites with menus online (Menu1 and Menu2 ) and noticed there is something called a FEAST 1 and FEAST 2.

Anyone know what this refers to? Is there a special feast somewhere?

Also, are these menus for everyday or only for the night where everyone is suppose to dress fancy?

p.s. How fancy are we talking... ball gown, sundress, suite -tie-jacket, slacks and polo??

This is my 1st time and I want to be prepared. Sooo excited!! :ship::D:D:D

I can't speak for the 'Feast', but dress wise you can do your own thing, from Tux's and dressy gowns to pants and a nice shirt of blouse. It's up to you. Many still like to 'dress up' on the formal nights, but more and more people tend to leave those things at home and opt for more casual fare. You will not be denied entrance to the MDR is you aren't dressed up. Depending on the ship, some are wearing shorts to formal nights.

It's still your vacation so do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Cheers

Len

I'm sailing to Nassau/Freeport in Sept. on the Liberty. I was looking at 2 websites with menus online (Menu1 and Menu2 ) and noticed there is something called a FEAST 1 and FEAST 2.

Also, are these menus for everyday or only for the night where everyone is suppose to dress fancy?

p.s. How fancy are we talking... ball gown, sundress, suite -tie-jacket, slacks and polo??

Those are the menus for the American Feast that is for Elegant Nights 1 and 2, served in the dining room. Dress attire ranges from Gown/Tux (usually older cruisers) to wear whatever the hell I want and who needs a shower. It can be a nice opportunity to put on your Sunday best and have some nice family photos taken. The vast majority of men will be in a jacket and women in a dress.

There are No bad cruises, just bad cruisers

Don't forget about the poop cruise, I would consider that a bad cruise. Then there's Costa Concordia (Carnival, right?), Titanic...

Don't mean to troll you, but when I read your quote, those three cruises came to mind, then I wondered... just how many BAD cruises have there been?

(I really like the one that "tipped over at port")…

https://www.ranker.com/list/worst-cruise-ship-disasters/katherine-ripley

Those are the menus for the American Feast that is for Elegant Nights 1 and 2, served in the dining room. Dress attire ranges from Gown/Tux (usually older cruisers) to wear whatever the hell I want and who needs a shower. It can be a nice opportunity to put on your Sunday best and have some nice family photos taken. The vast majority of men will be in a jacket and women in a dress.

Based on my 92 Carnival cruises, I would say that many men will be in jackets and many women will wear dresses. As far as men in coats go I do not believe it will be a vast majority or even a majority. There will be a higher percentage of women dressing up. It is not unusual to see a lady in an evening gown and her guy in nice slacks and a polo shirt.

As far as the menus go, both of these website haven't been updated in over an year. :confused:

Edited by steadyone

I would definitely not say a majority of guys would wear a jacket. In fact on my last 5-6 cruises I could probably count the total amount of jackets/ties on both of my hands. Maybe an Alaska cruise but definitely not the Bahamas or a Caribbean cruise.

Here's some info on the dress code...

[YOUTUBE]tWjQ7YsRlW0[/YOUTUBE]

We have been on 8 Carnival cruises and we have yet to "dress up" for formal night. Husbands wears slacks and collared knit shirt and I wear slacks and a nice top (never a dress), so as others have stated, think about what you are doing and where and have fun. I don't think they allow shorts but may be wrong.

We have been on 8 Carnival cruises and we have yet to "dress up" for formal night. Husbands wears slacks and collared knit shirt and I wear slacks and a nice top (never a dress), so as others have stated, think about what you are doing and where and have fun. I don't think they allow shorts but may be wrong.

Elegant Nights don't officially allow shorts but those who show up in shorts are not turned away. No big deal, frankly.