Disney cruise character phone call

bucksfan

Does anyone know how the Disney cruise character phone call works? When you set up a date & time for the call, is it pretty prompt? Also when the phone call comes in, do the characters start talking right away or do they give you a signal so you have time to get the child to the phone? Will it repeat if you need it to in case the child wants to listen to it again? Thanks!

Yes the call is prompt at the time you choose. You will have ONE character (unless it has changed). We haven't bothered with this recently, but when you answer, it was the character talking from the beginning....so be ready with the child. If you have an answering machine on your phone, you can always record it. It is cute when the kids talk back to the recording!

In our experience, last call was November, there is a recording with some cruise details before the character comes on. You press "1" to be connected with the character portion (also recorded). I request the call the same day, usually within 10-20 minutes. I provide my husband's phone number so I can record video with my phone.