Just show up?

DCLCrazy

IIRC, since 9/11, cruise lines are required to submit passenger manifests to DHS three days prior to the cruise. That would likely affect any cruise that embarks, disembarks or makes port in a US port.

IIRC, since 9/11, cruise lines are required to submit passenger manifests to DHS three days prior to the cruise. That would likely affect any cruise that embarks, disembarks or makes port in a US port.

The requirement is to submit the manifest one hour before sailing.

There have been reports of folks doing what the OP described and being successful...but with little to no break in price. The reports that I have read have not been for Disney, nor have they been for Port Canaveral.

CALL

they are not set up to handle this at the terminal anymore .... you need to show your reservation just to get in the terminal

but folks have called as little as 24 hours b4 and gotten a berth

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever been spontaneous enough to drive to PC the day the Dream leaves without a reservation and hope they get one? I wonder if that’s even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, I think those days are over with being spontaneous. Too many requirements for safety and security reasons and I don't think they allow same day bookings. :(

If you "just show up," you can't even get into the terminal area. 2 years ago it was possible to phone shoreside and make a "same day" reservation if space was available, but you had to make the phone call and have a reservation before trying to get into the terminal area. This cannot be done on line; it required a phone call to shoreside reservations. I don't know if it is still possible. As noted, the manifest doesn't have to be completed until shortly before the ship actually departs--there are often "no shows" and other changes from the preliminary.