Moving TAs - azamara moves the deposit?

teamflames

No, we do not charge a fee to change the TA of record, as long as you keep the same booking number...meaning don’t cancel and rebook.

Isn't there also a short period of time like 30 days after the original booking after which the new TA won't get his or her commission and also the original TA has to agree to release the booking??

Isn't there also a short period of time like 30 days after the original booking after which the new TA won't get his or her commission and also the original TA has to agree to release the booking??

I've not heard of this.

No, we do not charge a fee to change the TA of record, as long as you keep the same booking number...meaning don’t cancel and rebook.

Thanks Bonnie, so would I just ask the TA to transfer to another agency?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You said you “wanted to change TAs”. Is the booking currently with a TA and you want to move it from one TA to another.

Considering it ... not feeling like I am always getting the best deal with this ta (not just in relation to Azamara booking)

I've not heard of this.
For sure on our first Azamara cruise I e mailed a TA for information since it was Sunday and my usual TA was closed. Without asking me the TA I emailed held a suite for me. Found out when the suite was no longer available on Monday. Contacted Azamara and was told that I had to get a release from the booking TA for the suite to be released to my preferred TA. Took a lot of work but, finally got the original "hold" TA to complete the correct form and get it to Azamara so I could book with my preferred TA. Know of at least 2 comparable cruise lines to Azamara who have the max 30 transfer policy or the receiving TA receives no commission. This is to protect the booking TA for their commission for the work they do.

Am positive the release requirement was on Azamara and positive about the other 2 lines with the 30 day max to transfer or the commission stays with the original TA. Suggest so that CC people fully understand transferring bookings you check with Miami to get the actual T's and C's for this. After all, why should a TA lose their commission if a customer after say a year finds another TA who will give more perks and thus take the commission from a TA who has worked for a year or more and gets nothing.

Thanks,

Thanks Bonnie, so would I just ask the TA to transfer to another agency?

Agency 1 needs to send Azamara a letter/email releasing the booking.

Agency 2 needs to send a letter/email confirming taking over the booking.