Which balcony stateroom

Melnote

Hi, I’m about to book the QV Western Europe cruise June 2019 and need to choose a balcony room which includes sofabed for my son. I’m wondering about 6209 or 6202 as it’s aft and next to a suite so maybe quieter or 6043 or 6046 as lifts convenient but maybe noisier? We’re looking for quiet and not overlooked and sun in evening...anyone have any ideas?

We walked all of deck 5 and 6 marking which cabins to avoid when we were on Q.V. last year. Any of those cabins should be absolutely fine, so it depends whether you want to be forward or aft. We always go aft as it is more convenient for the restaurants. Look at your route to check which side of the ship will get most sun.

Many thanks for your reply. Out of interest which are the ones to avoid in your opininion? We too decided nearer restaurant ie aft is best for us. Looking at itinerary its a bit of both prob sun on starboard to Guernsey and Bruges then port to Cherbourg and home.

Hi, I’m about to book the QV Western Europe cruise June 2019 and need to choose a balcony room which includes sofabed for my son. I’m wondering about 6209 or 6202 as it’s aft and next to a suite so maybe quieter or 6043 or 6046 as lifts convenient but maybe noisier? We’re looking for quiet and not overlooked and sun in evening...anyone have any ideas?

We were in 6043 on the QE, sister ship to the QV, and it was noisy. Banging noises, probably from the plumbing, disturbing at night.