Red Hook to JFK

babs135

Traffic is the big variable, but in my experience about an hour. Checking Google Maps right now (later than you'd be trying) bears this out.

I would want to be at the airport (actually checking in) no later than two hours before flight departure, and even then the security queue might be long enough to be of concern (I almost missed a flight in 2012 due to a combination of unexpected traffic and a long line at security). So aim to be there by 12:30 or 1 PM.

Of course the other variable that I haven't experienced is the immigration delays following a westbound Transatlantic as a non-US citizen. So if possible try to be among the earlier travelers to disembark and take a book in case everything goes well and you're at the airport a couple of hours before you can check in.

How long should this journey take and what's the latest we can check for an internal flight leaving at 3.30pm ?

Am I correct in thinking you have sailed from u k and are flying back to u k , do Cunard not take you to the airport?,

Am I correct in thinking you have sailed from u k and are flying back to u k , do Cunard not take you to the airport?,

Probably, but DH and I are flying down to Florida to pick up another ship and have to organise our own transport.

I didn't know you were doing a domestic departure. That changes the timing somewhat. You can plan to be checking in around 1:30 or 2:00.

Yeah, the OP mentioned an "internal" flight which I figured probably meant a "domestic" flight. I concur with your latest recommendation for checking in around 1:30 or 2:00 for a domestic flight out of JFK departing at 3:30.

Ah yes. A classic '2 nations divided by a common language' moment :D.

Internal = within

Domestic = home

Therefore in this context an internal flight meaning a flight within the same country's borders.