Walking from La Rambla to the ship?

travelberlin

Hi,

We are staying at a Hotel in La Rambla quite close to the Columbus monument in Barcelona. Does anybody know if it is feasible just to walk to the ship from La Rambla? Where does Azamara dock in Barcelona? We are not sure if we should order a taxi since it seems to be very close.

Ivi

I have walked from my hotel on La Rambla near the statue to the ship , with my luggage , to board. Very easy walk about 10 to 15 minutes . We were not the only ones doing this. Taxi might be pretty low cost though. I like to walk

Hi,

We are staying at a Hotel in La Rambla quite close to the Columbus monument in Barcelona. Does anybody know if it is feasible just to walk to the ship from La Rambla? Where does Azamara dock in Barcelona? We are not sure if we should order a taxi since it seems to be very close.

Ivi

We've done it from a similar location near the Columbus monument. It's about a 30 minute walk. There's a gentle bridge over an inlet in the harbour, but other than that, not a bad stroll. It really depends on how much luggage you will be dragging along.

Just keep in mind that the foot traffic on La Rambla is usually very heavy although the sidewalks are moderately wide there are kiosks and outdoor cafes to maneuver around. It's also the area most heavily populated by tourists and pickpockets.

I can't remember if there are any cobbled areas entering the pier but that's something to consider as well.

I'd taxi.

Thanks very much to every body for the answers. If Azamara docks at the World Trade Center, it is probably feasible. If it docks at the Moll Adossat, then taking a taxi is probably for us better because of the luggage.

Bonnie in case you read this thread, could you please ask where the Quest docks in Barcelona?

Ivi

Thanks very much to every body for the answers. If Azamara docks at the World Trade Center, it is probably feasible. If it docks at the Moll Adossat, then taking a taxi is probably for us better because of the luggage.

Bonnie in case you read this thread, could you please ask where the Quest docks in Barcelona?

Ivi

The answer may depend on the date of your cruise. Most times it's the WTC. Sometimes it's the big port. Very different walks.

As people have said a famous area for pickpockets.

If you are victims how do you chase pickpocket and look after your luggage and then go to report to police dragging your suitcases to police station?

Do you want to arrive at ship hot, sweaty and exhausted?.

Suggest you load your suitcases and have a dry run around where you live first.

It may be 90 degrees in old money fahrenheit.

You are spending probably 4000 euros on cruise and you are trying to save 20 euros if it is that close to ship.

Mrs procter would not do it for 200 yards but then we will have 5 cases as well as any shopping done on previous day.

Good luck if you decide.

We are on Sept 12 sailing but not sure which one you are on.

As people have said a famous area for pickpockets.

If you are victims how do you chase pickpocket and look after your luggage and then go to report to police dragging your suitcases to police station?

Do you want to arrive at ship hot, sweaty and exhausted?.

Suggest you load your suitcases and have a dry run around where you live first.

It may be 90 degrees in old money fahrenheit.

You are spending probably 4000 euros on cruise and you are trying to save 20 euros if it is that close to ship.

Mrs procter would not do it for 200 yards but then we will have 5 cases as well as any shopping done on previous day.

Good luck if you decide.

We are on Sept 12 sailing but not sure which one you are on.

Thanks for your answer Procter. I wonder how you come to the conclusion that I am trying to save Euro 20. Saving that money is not the reason of my question. But like I have said, thanks you have taken the time to answer.

We walk almost every day at least 5 kmts (no idea what this is in yards), just for pleasure and because we are still healthy enough to do it.

The answer may depend on the date of your cruise. Most times it's the WTC. Sometimes it's the big port. Very different walks.

You are right. I hope it will be from the WTC. I have not received my e docs yet. I hope it will say there.

We disembarked at the world trade centre in April, it’s close to the area around the Columbus monument and if you are happy to pull the cases then yes it’s doable. If however the ship docks over the bridge where the larger ships dock then it’s a long way.

Sorry travelberlin,

Email can sometimes be a brutal medium.

I too am a regular walker and my record so far is 113 laps on quest on a sea day so I can understand your love of walking.

Despite my walking abilities I simply would not conceive of walking with presumably 2 full suitcases 20 kgs each as well as 2 cabin luggage cases,probably a day pack/haversack and your companion carrying a hand bag.

If you decide to do it enjoy it and make certain any valuables/money/passports etc are well and truly hidden.

We met 3 americans in Buenos aries who had been pickpocketed within 3 hours and spent 2 days getting new passports ,cards etc.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for this link. It is very helpful indeed. Now I just need to know where Azamara docks.

Ivi, if it's the 4th August cruise then you are due at the WTC pier which is walkable, but personally I'd get a taxi. August might be very hot and sticky. Arrival at the ship needs to be cool for me! Lol

Phil

Life is all about time - you only get so much. Why waste it dragging luggage through a bustling city to go on a luxury cruise (if you have no luggage you might find that you've chosen the wrong cruise line).

There's a thread buried around here that asks, "What's the first thing you do once you're on board?" Do you want to be the passenger that reply's, "Me, I take a shower".

Ivi, if it's the 4th August cruise then you are due at the WTC pier which is walkable, but personally I'd get a taxi. August might be very hot and sticky. Arrival at the ship needs to be cool for me! Lol

Phil

Thanks so much Phil! This is the information I was looking for.

Ivi