Library on the pacific jewel

Emnnic

Hi, first time cruiser here. Traveling on the pacific jewel July 12th and I'm wondering if they have a library? I am traveling as the only adult with two children and have already been informed by them they have it all planned out and I'm most likely to get bored waiting for them. Hahaha I can't seem to find any info on the jewel regarding a library and would love to spend an arvo reading a good book and drinking a cocktail or two.. thanks in advance for any help.. :D

Hi - I've not been on the Pacific Jewel (yet... going soon) but did find that there is a library. It's shown in the link below under "activities".

http://www.cruiseaustralia.com.au/po-cruises/pacific-jewel

There are also a few videos taken walking around the decks which show a library. I'm sure someone else will let you know how good the library is :)

Hi - I've not been on the Pacific Jewel (yet... going soon) but did find that there is a library. It's shown in the link below under "activities".

http://www.cruiseaustralia.com.au/po-cruises/pacific-jewel

There are also a few videos taken walking around the decks which show a library. I'm sure someone else will let you know how good the library is :)

Oh awesome, thanks so much.. I was looking at the deck plans and just couldn't find one.. :)

I suggest you visit your local op shop, I don't get time to read at home but with a couple of sea days, I manage to get though 3 or 4 books.

There is a Library, I think it was open for an hour each day, with a limited selection of books and games. There was also some computers in there for internet browsing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to say the is no library on the Pacific Jewel any longer. I understand they demolished it when she had a refit 2 years ago. Now they have a trolley, like you see in hospitals, which caters for readers. It usually is located in the Dome each morning and you can borrow or swap books here. The book selection varies depending upon whatever passengers have left behind when they disembark.

I believe that when they took over Pacific Eden they demolished what was a good library also. Perhaps they don't think that we read while on board!!! I have travelled on both these ships lately and imagine that it is the same on all P&O ships out of Australia. :(

Thank you guys so much.. yeah we have a few book exchanges around my area but was trying to avoid the weight in my luggage for the domestic flight to Sydney.. will just have to leave out a few of those extra shoes I was planning on taking.. haha. I do have e books but they are just not quite the same..

• 2 months later...

Yes, there is a library on the Jewel . i was on there 2 weeks ago & it is inside the car simulator room , the Pit Stop ,on deck 8 forward.[not that easy to find ]

It had around 200 assorted books , which have all been donated by past passengers . most have been bought at 2 nd hand book shops & are in reasonable condition .

The room is open on 7 day cruises for 1 hour twice a day on the 1st ,4th & last evening to return books .

On shorter cruises they are put on a trolley outside the dome on deck 14 forward .

Hope this helps future cruisers .

I always take 3 books with me on my cruises & leave on board to help other passengers ,who have not taken anything to read .

I am on the Jewel again aug 28 th - sept 4th , you will see me reading most days on deck 6 in the atrium , stop & say hi :cool:

Thanks xwelshnowkiwi sounds like they have changed things. I am going on the Jewel at Christmas and again in Feb (to NZ). Son tried to access the car simulator room last Dec but it was never open. Perhaps they have found a different use for it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi can anyone advise me how much white wine, Chardonnay is per bottle on the jewel as i am going on board next weekend. also does P&O still have captians club as i can't find where to log in

Edited by stunz
added extra

Hi stunz, cheapest is Matua chard , pinot gris & sav. are around $ 30 when i was on there 6 weeks ago , they get dearer as the brand gets better , upto $ 45 per bottle .

i have been on over 30 p & o cruises in the last 2 years and have not heard of the continuation , from a while ago , of the captains club .

If you are going on the food & wine cruise on 1 sept , i am also on the cruise , i will look out for you , from your photo we look similar , except i am bald , older & have a moustache but no beard , also wear my sunnies over my eyes , ha ,ha . only joking .

i normally have a few beers , {pints of Fatyak } sitting in the corridor between the orient bar & the conexxtions bar most arvo's from 3pm onwards , stop & have a chat . cheers Taffy [ real name NEIL ]

Hi Stunz

P&O Australia don't have any loyalty clubs at the moment. "Cruiselings" do get extra OBC occasionally when advertised.

Princess Cruises have the Captain's Circle club and days sailed on P&O count toward this. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of. :)

• 8 months later...

The library is on deck 8 , if you want to borrow a book you have to give your cabin number ,if you want to swap you don't have to give your cabin number ,we donated 6 books , best place to read is in the dome ,quite!!

I know off topic but just to let you know that Princess is no longer accepting P&O cruises as counting towards their rewards programme. Cruises prior to the date of the decision (sorry can't remember it but I think it was March?) will still count.

I know off topic but just to let you know that Princess is no longer accepting P&O cruises as counting towards their rewards programme. Cruises prior to the date of the decision (sorry can't remember it but I think it was March?) will still count.

I believe that was P&O UK, not P&O Australia.

I booked a P&O Oz cruise last week and it is in my Captains Circle as a future cruise.