Sunday services in Barcelona

NancyW12

We are non denominational. I don't know which church to go to in Spain before the cruise leaves, but would love to go to service. I get into Spain at noon, so it may be too late to attend. If you find a church please let me know so I can look it up and check their service hours. Thank you Nancy.

I am not sure how they might control access given that it is a tourist attraction, but if I could, I would certainly think services at the Sagrada Familia would be interesting.

Services here are held in a separate chapel area on the lower floor of the Cathedral. There is a separate entrance and exit to use if you are just going to mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel stupid LOL- on the Sagrada Familia website it has a link to mass.

The Archdiocese of Barcelona will be holding an international mass at the Basilica of the Sagrada Família every Sunday and on holy days of obligation.

The mass will be held at 9:00 am in several languages. There is no charge for attending mass but capacity is limited. The entrance to the Basilica is on the Nativity façade, Carrer de la Marina, from 8:30 am to 9:00 am.

Visitors are asked to dress appropriately and behave respectfully.

Trip Advisor says the space is in the crypt, underneath the main floor and only holds 200 people. I have not yet decided.

I feel stupid LOL- on the Sagrada Familia website it has a link to mass.

The Archdiocese of Barcelona will be holding an international mass at the Basilica of the Sagrada Família every Sunday and on holy days of obligation.

The mass will be held at 9:00 am in several languages. There is no charge for attending mass but capacity is limited. The entrance to the Basilica is on the Nativity façade, Carrer de la Marina, from 8:30 am to 9:00 am.

Visitors are asked to dress appropriately and behave respectfully.

Trip Advisor says the space is in the crypt, underneath the main floor and only holds 200 people. I have not yet decided.

It is a beautiful space. Since mass was being held when we were there I refrained from taking pictures of the crypt area.

Modest dress is required to enter most churches. Bare shoulders are not allowed. If you are wearing a sleeveless blouse or top you will need a wrap of some sort to cover up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...